Star Trek Beyond

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Star Trek Beyond

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the trailer a little earlier today just out of curiosity more than a rabid fandom need to view it. ;) I liked the first reboot movie, didn't really care for the second, and had almost forgotten than they were making a third one. The trailer looked decent. I like Chris Pine, so it at least has that in it's favour. ;)
Ameraka
Lurker

Post by Ameraka »

Yes I liked the first one and didn't care as much for the second. I didn't know they were making a third for sure. I'm definitely going to see it. Hopefully it'll be more like the first one.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw this when it first came out in theatres, but apparently never posted about it! Of course, by now I've forgotten the details. :anxious: I've been meaning to rewatch it because I watched the first two again this summer because they were on TV, but never got around to this one.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked this one alright, but don't really have anything specific to note about it. Seemed that was the reaction most people had.

We have to talk about that music scene though. Was it awesome or weird? I'm in the latter camp, it seemed out of place to me. And the music choice itself is extremely odd. So Beastie Boys exists in this world, as music from the past - but one of their songs references Spock who is in the present? :conf:

I do have to give them props for one thing about that scene though. I really liked that they included a brief shot of Chekov tapping his foot to the beat. That really struck me. It's such a small thing, but it gives a real genuineness to the moment. That's a detail they had to have the intentional thought to include, and it shows a good filmmaking mind.