Zootopia

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Zootopia

Post by Pianoman »

Anyone see the new Disney Animations movie? From the makers of Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Tangled...

I saw it in theaters last week and found it pretty good. It wasn't as cute or emotional as all the previous movies (see above list ^), but still really good. It did have a relevant moral/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, although it did feel a little pushy at times... almost like a Christian movie. =p A few other negatives would be it had some overused jokes and plot-devices, but everything else was really good. I predicted the plot twist, but it was nice the bad character didn't have a very long monologue. :P Good movie, in all. :D

What did you think? How bad do you want to see it? :mrgreen:
Countess

Post by Countess »

I don't want to see it at all. DO I GET SOMETHING FOR THAT? :mrgreen:
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

If you don't want to see it, then I don't care what you think. :noway:

O:)
Countess

Post by Countess »

Have you ever cared what I think? :noway:

Btw, so is this movie only animals talking or are humans involved?
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Not really. :mrgreen:

The movie is all animals. No humans involved. All the animals are very humanoid, wearing cloths and walking on two legs. The world also looks like ours, with the same technology, etc... the city Zootopia even is the melting pot the US claims to be.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

So. Amazing. This is exactly what I hoped it would be and even more. Right from the Teaser I'm thinking, "My gosh. They're actually explaining what "anthropomorphic" is and the way they're talking it sounds like they're taking the cocept seriously and they built this civilization they'e going to reveal." I really hoped that, that they were holding back something big.

And my gosh were they ever. This is how world building is done. It's lovingly thought out, visually stunning, endlessly clever, ever moving and ever growing. It's among the best I've seen in any film. This is where 3D can actually beat the magic of 2D: worlds. A world has actually and truly been built, it's literally built and really exists in a computer. With 2D, there's not this sense of visiting an actual place. 3D has been taking advantage of this lately with Wreck it Ralph and Inside Out for example and yes, I say, more more!

I agree the message was hammered a bit. There's a lot of characters talking about how it stinks to be prey or a predator or about prejudice. Still, it even when there was exposition it was clever exposition. Like Bellewether's talking about how put upon she is served the plot and foreshadowed events, it didn't only hammer in the moral. Speaking of, very relevant moral. I know I need to try to be careful about prejudice, it's just something that's in our world and we need to be wary we don't absorb it. And then there's the whole Trump thing. Racism is bad Trump supporters, listen to the bunny.

I haven't even touched on the characters, so likable and memorable. Or the mystery, pretty darn good mystery. yeah the culprit was a bit predictable but the mystery itself, the how done it, was all very complicated with some good clues and false leads. Really emotional film. Action scenes are one thing, having a scene in the first few minutes where a young character is held and another scratches her face in cold blood is another. Yikes. I also liked it wasn't just an anti racism film, it was a very positive pro-unity film. It was saying we have a good system, we need to remember it has problems, let's keep making it better, the sky's the limit.

So good, still haven't talked about how this is the first film to animate fur rather than human hair on animals, how taking the anthropomorphic society concept seriously has never been done before, the sloths, the score, how so many non-Shakira fans like me love the song she did and it's so well used, just so good so good so good.