Marvel's Inhumans

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Marvel's Inhumans

Post by Knight Fisher »

To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Meh. It looks mildly interesting, but I'm not super excited based on that trailer. If I hear good things early on I might start watching, but otherwise I might skip it or wait until it hits Netflix or something like that.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I love teleporting giant dogs as much as the next guy, but, meh.
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

I am sad to see one of my all time favorite underrated Marvel teams treated in such an insipid manner. I am very disappointed.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Calhoun07 wrote:I am sad to see one of my all time favorite underrated Marvel teams treated in such an insipid manner. I am very disappointed.
Plus wasn't Inhumans on the list of future Marvel films for a few years there, then suddenly got dropped to a TV show... sad. :(

I remember the rumor was that Vin Diesel would play Black Bolt on screen, so he'd be voicing Groot and playing a guy that doesn't (well, not often) speak at the same time. Not that I'm overly a Diesel fan but would've been sort of neat, plus I do appreciate he's a big fan of the character (which didn't help Nic Cage in Ghost Rider, but ah well).
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes this was going to be one of the movies but they cancelled it for tv instead, I don't know why, but the first episode is still being shot for and shown in theaters, but not the rest I guess. It's just all strange.
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Calhoun07 wrote:I am sad to see one of my all time favorite underrated Marvel teams treated in such an insipid manner. I am very disappointed.
Plus wasn't Inhumans on the list of future Marvel films for a few years there, then suddenly got dropped to a TV show... sad. :(

You are right.

Official word is Feige felt that other movies fit in better with phases 3 and 4.

Personally, I can't help wonder if it's because the negotiations for Marvel/Disney to finally get Fantastic Four back fell apart.

The Inhumans were always integral to the FF in the comics. They were part of the cosmic group of heroes.

And what a wonder it would have been...Fantastic Four! The Negative Zone! Johnny Storm falling in love with Crystal! They meet the Inhumans! Skrulls! Captain Marvel (THE ORIGINAL CAPTAIN MARVEL, I would hope!)!

All fan speculation by me, of course.

But I really have to wonder if their inability to seal the deal on FF doomed Inhumans.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah I vaguely recall Crystal, maybe, being a stand-in in the FF when Sue was pregnant or something? This is going back many years so I could be entirely wrong. :(

While I'd probably prefer ALL the Marvel stuff to be under one banner, I am mostly okay with the X-men kind of existing as their own pocket universe at Fox, but Fantastic Four really belongs with the bulk of Marvel at Disney. Maybe Franklin Richards will combine them all some day. >_>
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I vaguely recall Crystal, maybe, being a stand-in in the FF when Sue was pregnant or something? This is going back many years so I could be entirely wrong. :(

While I'd probably prefer ALL the Marvel stuff to be under one banner, I am mostly okay with the X-men kind of existing as their own pocket universe at Fox, but Fantastic Four really belongs with the bulk of Marvel at Disney. Maybe Franklin Richards will combine them all some day. >_>
You're right!
Crystal joined the team in issue 81!

For fun, here is a list of all members of the FF!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... ur_members
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Anyone watch any of this then?

I didn't, but do plan to get to it at some point if only for MCU completeness. I didn't realize it was only an eight episode season; at least there's not a lot to go through then if it's bad.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

It was trash.
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty_Whittaker wrote:It was trash.
Specifically why? Lots of people say that about Agents of Shield too but I disagree.