America's Got Talent (Season 11)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

America's Got Talent (Season 11)

Post by bookworm »

Discussion thread for the new season of AGT.
It premieres on May 31st.

Other seasons: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I wasn't all that excited for this season until I realized Simon would be a judge. I find the show so much more enjoyable with Simon Cowell, especially now that Howie isn't the star of the show anymore, \:D/ he annoys me so much :boohoo: (Mel B is up there too).

..And so far, I believe all the golden buzzer picks were singers..? (I missed the first episode) That's kinda "meh."
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That caught me by complete surprise!

I had heard a while back that Howard had said that was his last season, but I never expected they'd bring Simon in as his replacement. I was really hoping we'd get Piers back, but this is the next best thing.

I found this note I had written back then and meant to post but never did:
It's not the worst thing to lose Howard (provided he isn't replaced with a total nut) he was frustrating sometimes, but he was the most reasonable one on the panel overall. Hopefully the new judge is someone who will take it at least as seriously as he did, if not more. I will miss his constant ribbing on Mel about the Spice Girls, that always made me chuckle.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:I found this note I had written back then and meant to post but never did:
It's not the worst thing to lose Howard (provided he isn't replaced with a total nut) he was frustrating sometimes, but he was the most reasonable one on the panel overall. Hopefully the new judge is someone who will take it at least as seriously as he did, if not more. I will miss his constant ribbing on Mel about the Spice Girls, that always made me chuckle.
Yeah, I liked Howard the best out of the panel, but even he got on my nerves sometimes. Simon is a GREAT addition. If he wasn't on the panel I probably wouldn't be watching this season.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |