Spider-Man Homecoming

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Spider-Man Homecoming

Post by bookworm »

Autumnal
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Autumnal »

This movie looks really awesome, and the trailer really got me excited for it. 2017 looks like a really fun year for Marvel movies. Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, AND Thor Ragnorak? Yes, please.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The trailer looks pretty good! I did like this current version of Spiderman in Civil War, and while I don't personally think that the thing that movies need most is yet another version of Spiderman ;) I'm sure I'll see this movie.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll be seeing this at some point only because it's part of the Marvel series now and I'm trying to stay current on that. If they hadn't made that deal I'd have no hurry; I haven't gotten around to seeing any other Spiderman movies yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I was burnt out on Spider-man, as much as I loved the first two, the third in the original series and the reboot films left much to be desired... but since Marvel has control now and it went well in Civil War, I'm at least somewhat interested. I'm sure I'll end up seeing it, although I'm more interested in GotG2 and Thor Ragnarok (since it's basically a buddy cop film with the Hulk).
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

The first two Spider-Man movies were fantastic. Spider-Man 3 was atrocious (should have been spread out across two movies at the very least, and forget about the Sandman killed Uncle Ben nonsense.)

The Garfield Spider-Man movies were mediocre to terrible. I tolerated the first movie well enough but I really hated the portrayal of Electro in the sequel.

Seeing Spider-Man in Civil War renewed my hope that this character still has life on the screen when in the right hands. As much as I loved the first two movies (and I loved them A LOT), the inner kid in me squealed in joy in feeling like I finally saw my favorite comic book character come to life on the silver screen.

I am not even going to watch trailers for the new movie. I know already I want to see it. No spoilers for me, no thanks!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm interested now.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Its looks cool except for a few picky things I have with it. Seems like a major change to Spiderman's character but oh well.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The new trailer kind of showed too much, but still looks fun.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was thinking the exact same thing as Top - definitely too much stuff revealed. I get that they want to promote it and get people interested, but I prefer a little less plot being handed out in a trailer. That said, it does look interesting! :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It took this much of a look at what to expect to get me interested, so I'm clearly the target audience and I'm glad they did it because if they hadn't I'd still be in the 'meh, I'll get to it sometime' camp. People who were already on board of course didn't need, or probably want, so much in the trailer.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

guys remember how good the original spiderman trilogy was though?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whenever I forget, I always have your avatar to remind me, Jelly! \:D/

But yeah, it does seem like there has been an overabundance of Spiderman in very recent memory. I really liked the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies a lot. I know the third one had a few less awesome moments, but overall, they were really good. I get that they're tying this version in with all the other Marvel stuff, and I like the Marvel superhero movies, so that should be fun, but it definitely looks different!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

There was this great fan edit of Spider-man 3 that pretty seamlessly removed the Sandman story thread, as well as a number of other cringy moments, and it did a great job of suggesting what the third installment COULD have looked like. I mean the movie still has some fantastic moments, particularly involving Peter's flirtation with the dark side (yes, even the dorky dance sequence is amazing).

I can't find it though. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Jelly and Spider-man 3 shall eternally remind me of each other.
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

Smelly wrote:guys remember how good the original spiderman trilogy was though?
I think the first two movies nailed Spider-Man but the third was such a let down for me.

Have you, or anybody here, seen the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series on Kids CW a few years back? It was fantastic. I thought that they handled the black costume/Venom story line so much better in the cartoon than they did in the movie.

Spider-Man 3 should have been split into two movies. And they never should have had Sandman kill Uncle Ben. That was a terrible thing to change.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Calhoun07 wrote:
Smelly wrote:guys remember how good the original spiderman trilogy was though?
I think the first two movies nailed Spider-Man but the third was such a let down for me.

Have you, or anybody here, seen the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series on Kids CW a few years back? It was fantastic. I thought that they handled the black costume/Venom story line so much better in the cartoon than they did in the movie.
Exactly... at the time Spider-man 3 came out, Spider-man 2 was practically my favorite movie (at least recent movie) and I was so hyped... and... wow.

Spectacular Spider-man was great! Shame it only lasted... I think 2 seasons? Same goes for the X-men cartoon around that time, really great but I think only got one season because it was around the time of the Disney purchase and they cancelled a bunch of things.
Spider-Man 3 should have been split into two movies. And they never should have had Sandman kill Uncle Ben. That was a terrible thing to change.
It should've had the symbiote and Eddie Brock but wrapped up the Sandman storyline and ended with Eddie becoming Venom, then give that an entire movie to resolve.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Saw it this afternoon. Fun. Really good villain. Definitely my favorite Spiderman movie.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm hoping to see it on the weekend, so I'm happy to hear that you liked it, KF! I'm not expecting to like it more than the Tobey Maguire Spiderman, but I'm expecting to enjoy it. :D It seems like it will be quite different. I'm going to try to avoid comparing the two overly much, since they are different things and too much comparison can take away the enjoyment, at least for me.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I went in with mediocre expectations and actually really enjoyed it... really hard to compare it to the original movies (the first two being the only ones I really liked much), but its easily better than the others and may just be the best Spider-man film yet. Haven't watched those first couple in over ten years probably, so hard for me to say.