Doctor Strange

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Doctor Strange

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Looks strange.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I concur with Top. ;) I watched the trailer today and thought it looked interesting, but definitely lived up to it's name! I don't know anything at all about this, but it might be good. I like Benedict Cumberbatch :inlove: so that's not working against it. O:)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

An MCU film has been out a couple weeks and no topic!? :shock:

It got a lot of hype and most people seem to like it a lot. I thought it was actually pretty dull. :boohoo: Not horrible but other than some neat visuals just wasn't that into it. I don't know, I was never into the mystical corner of the Marvel universe.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:An MCU film has been out a couple weeks and no topic!? :shock:
Threads merged ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well... at least I didn't start the first one. \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

This was one of the better MCU films. \:D/

Climatic fight was fantastic.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven't gotten to this one yet (Civil War either) but I am looking forward to it. I've heard good things.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I enjoyed the movie. It was definitely a good one to see in 3D on the big screen and it looks really beautiful (and not just because of Benedict Cumberbatch) ;) and because I was not at all familiar with the story besides what was on the trailer, it was interesting to try to figure out what was going on. I liked the little bit of romance too. :inlove: Definitely stay until the very end, for those who are still planning to go see the movie - the scene at the end is actually plot significant, though my brother and I disagreed as to what exactly it meant. Overall, I felt like it was a good movie but not an exceptional one, but that might just be me.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I thought it was pretty good..... and I hate super heroes. I especially enjoyed the religious aspects. I guess I've been more aware of the atheist arguments for proof and etc. for the existence of God recently, and I think this movie had a point of trying to answer or get rid of that mentality. (to the point that Cucumberpatch almost became the mean Atheist in every Christian movie o_0) I don't know how /well/ they did this, but I appreciated it, even if it was for something along the lines of Buddhism. The rest of the movie was ok, pretty good. I'm a bit confused how exactly the time thing at the end works, but I guess it makes enough sense. =p
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I really liked this. It's so different from any of the other movies!

I was iffy on the casting of Cumberbatch when I first heard it, I don't know much about Dr. Strange but it didn't sound like quite the right match to me, but after seeing it I think it worked.

I liked how the world bending stuff wasn't just done for the neat visuals, but interacting with it actually affected the action in fights and stuff.

It was neat how this movie is definitely connected to the others, but at the same time really off in its own thing, like Guardians of the Galaxy was. It's nice to not have every movie directly tied in integrally to what every other one is doing, we have a few just tangentially related to get a change of pace.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched this movie for the second time the other day (second time since in theatres),and reading through this thread again, it reminds me that I must not have adored it, but I waited almost two years to watch it again, and it's been on Netflix for a while already. I was glad I watched it again, especially since Dr. Strange appears in Infinity War and I had forgotten some (most) of the stuff about how he uses the green time infinity stone, but I still didn't love it. It was good, but not super great, in my opinion.