RIP Carrie Fisher

Dead at 60

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Woody »

The actress who played the legendary role of Princess Leia passed away this morning after suffering a heart attack on December 23rd. :( She will be sorely missed.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just saw that. Yesterday I read she was in stable condition. Must have taken a turn overnight.

I wonder how this will affect the rest of the Star Wars movies. I don't know how big a role they had planned for her to play in the new story.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

bookworm wrote:I wonder how this will affect the rest of the Star Wars movies. I don't know how big a role they had planned for her to play in the new story.
Pshhh, they have her face on file, I'm sure. They'll just Rogue One all the rest of the movies with her in them. :p

But it's very sad to hear. =( That's what happens when you are around Ford too long. *hides*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, sad news. :( 60 is still quite young. I had heard she had a heart attack but then they said she was in stable condition, so I thought the worst was past.

I saw that she had already filmed all her parts for Episode 8, but whether they will still find a way to make last-minute changes or just find a way to deal with it for Episode 9 is anybody's guess.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Her mother died today from a stroke. O.o

"She went to be with Carrie. In fact, those were the last words she spoke this morning."
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

i also heard they had already filmed everything for episode 8. its still rly sad tho :(

i just pray she knew the Lord...
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:They'll just Rogue One all the rest of the movies
IL&M CCO wrote:It is extremely labor-intensive and expensive to do. I don't imagine anybody engaging in this kind of thing in a casual manner. We're not planning on doing this digital re-creation extensively from now on. It just made sense for this particular movie.
Now that was before she passed so we'll see, but even if they do go that route I'm sure it wouldn't be for more than a brief scene to give her a farewell. What I meant was if she was going to be a central figure going forward that plan needs altered now, they aren't going to CGI enough to keep that intact as originally envisioned. She isn't going to suddenly disappear, they'll address it somehow, but she's not going to be frequently recurring or have a big part in the story anymore. If she was even going to, we don't know yet.