The LEGO Batman Movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The LEGO Batman Movie

Post by Woody »

"The LEGO Movie" is getting a spin-off sequel starring Will Arnett's Batman. I had heard about this, but didn't realize it was coming out so soon. I thought it was a bit of a silly idea when I first heard about it, but after seeing the trailers, I'm actually kind of excited to see where they'll take Batman's character in this movie. \:D/

I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked Batman in The Lego Movie but had doubts about making his own solo (not doubts it would be good, just that it would be my kind of thing), but this trailer made me start to second guess.

Looks like it may actually be fairly entertaining. I don't plan to see it in the theater, but I'll probably check it out at some point now.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I'm really excited for it; although I'm not really into superhero movies, my whole family loved the Lego movie, and I'm interested to see what they do with this :D
Don't know if we'll see it in theaters, but I know hoping I will get to watch it. I like the trailers that are out anyway :mrgreen:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I know kids who have been waiting for months for this movie! :mad: It does look like fun. I might not bother to go see it in theatres unless I hear really good things, but I will see it eventually.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is a great promotion:

It's a spoof of the series of Chevy focus group commercials that have been running for a while. And it's actually from Chevy which is awesome.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I think this is awesome marketing! :lol: I hate all those focus group commercials, but I loved this!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No one here shared their thoughts, but I observed general positivity from random internet sources.

I'm going to go see it when it's at Regal for $1 in a couple weeks! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love Will Arnett's voice, so that was a plus in this movie! \:D/ I can't claim to have seen the entire movie, but I saw a bunch of it while a group of kids watched it, and they all loved it! I still plan to see the whole thing one of these days.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I really, really like this movie! I've seen it twice now and I think it's my favorite of the Lego movies so far.

I was interested to find out if this was supposed to be a 'real movie' if you know what I mean, like supposed to be actually happening just with the players happening to be Lego people. Like the Lego tv shows are as far as I know (haven't watched any of them). Or if this was playing out in someone's imagination like in The Lego Movie. I was pleased to find it was the latter; I enjoy that more and it's a premise that allows for some really clever sequences. It also makes the really random elements and the humor actually make sense. This is all happening in a kid's mind so he's just throwing together concepts from anywhere to tell his story. It wasn't explicitly shown that's what's going on like in TLM, but you can piece it together (no pun intended) by noticing things like the characters say all the sound effects for items that they use and other things like that. It's very cute and clever, and fun!

You don't have to really know much about Batman lore to enjoy this movie which is great, you can still understand everything that's going on, but if you do have prior exposure you get to appreciate it on a deeper level by understanding the various references.