The Lego Ninjago Movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The Lego Ninjago Movie

Post by bookworm »

I had no idea this one was in the works. Aparently we now have a Lego Cinematic Universe.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't really know anything about LEGO Ninjago, but I know some kids who are definitely going to want to see this one! It looks like it could be fun, though I don't see myself rushing to see it in theatres. I might not be quite the target audience. ;)
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

bookworm wrote:I had no idea this one was in the works. Aparently we now have a Lego Cinematic Universe.
Ahahahah I guess so! :lol: :D
I'm not actually that interested in Ninjago at all, but this looks like something I would actually like... I love the Lego Movie and we just watched the Lego Batman Movie on Valentine's day, and it was pretty good.. However, it was not as good as the original Lego Movie, at least in my opinion.
I can totally see my brother wanting to watch this.
I was kind of confused at the part where they played a Taylor Swift song in a Lego Ninja trailer though?? :xx: :conf:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I am almost sure I'll see this in theatres, having four younger brothers who have watched every episode ten times. They have coerced me into seeing enough to know the characters, they're likable. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't believe this is related to the show in any way.
Autumnal
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Autumnal »

I used to enjoy the original cartoon before the third(?) season came out and it tried to become too dramatic for its own good. From the looks of the trailer, it doesn't look like it'll be hardly anything like the cartoon, except for the universe, and a part of the premise: Lloyd, Lord Garmadon's son, is supposed to save the world by taking down his father. From what I can tell, this is what the cartoon should have been. Since I liked the other two LEGO movies a lot, I'm looking forward to it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that looks like fun! I hope children all learn an important lesson about knowing people aren't megalomaniacs before you marry them. ;) I really laughed when
the cat knocked over the building - that is exactly what a cat would do! (Not sure if spoiler warnings should apply when posting about a trailer, but I think that moment is unexpected enough that it's more fun not knowing about it ahead of time.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, this is looking kind of fun to me now. Not enough to spend full price at the theater, but I'll definitely check it out when I have an opportunity to borrow or see for cheaper.

And I agree with using the spoiler tag for that; it's a good moment to see fresh. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I bought this to lend out to a few different families with kids that I know, but somehow never ended up seeing more than a few minutes of it myself! I'll have to get around to it eventually. I'm not a big ninja person, but apparently some people are. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've seen this now, and it's a really cute and fun movie! I liked it a lot more than I expected to, and it didn't matter at all that I knew nothing about this franchise going in. It's not dependent on the tv show at all and everything you need to know is set up here.

Like the previous movies this is also a story from someone's imagination being played out with the toys, but this time that's explicitly established straight off instead of holding the reveal for later or leaving it to you to recognize as the first two did respectively. I hope all future Lego movies continue to use this premise, that's what I think makes them so fun. Being a story someone is just making up is what allows absolutely anything to happen, and why the various references to real life pop up, and it's just really smart and funny!

Both spinoff movies I wasn't sure I would enjoy and so I skipped their initial release, and both when I eventually got around to them have been absolutely great. I'm not going to be tricked by my expectations again, I've come to trust this team and I will be seeing their next movie as soon as I am able! (...though the next one is actually the Lego Movie sequel which I would have gone to anyway because I know that series is good. :P )