The Dark Knight Rises news!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Dark Knight Rises news!

Post by Taps »

Are you guys excited about this movie?? I sure am!! \:D/ So I decided to put out news on the stuff happening with the Dark Knight Rises! Here is the news right now!

Characters: Anne Hathway as Catwomen
Christian Bale returning as Batman
Tom Hardy as Bane. and it has been rumored that
Daniel Sunjata will play a big part in The Dark Knight rises.

Also it has been confirmed that Josh Pence will be in "The Dark Knight Rises Cast" and will be cast as
Young Ra’s Al Ghul!!

Future news to come soon!!
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Question about the spoiler
How does that work? I thought he was killed in the first movie? Are they going to revive him or what?
Still not happy with Ann Hathaway being catwoman, hopefully she proves me wrong. But is really happy with Tom Hardy being Bane. He was so awesome in the movie Inception.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Taps

Post by Taps »

gunblader3 wrote:Question about the spoiler
How does that work? I thought he was killed in the first movie? Are they going to revive him or what?
Still not happy with Ann Hathaway being catwoman, hopefully she proves me wrong. But is really happy with Tom Hardy being Bane. He was so awesome in the movie Inception.
It's in a scene that has been said to been taken 30 years ago.
Next up! More news!! \:D/ in news of characters here is the full. SPOILER!!!!

Bale said he would return if Nolan did. Aaron Eckhart had expressed his enthusiasm to return for a sequel if asked, although he later stated Nolan verified that his character, Harvey Dent, is dead. Nolan confirmed that the ensemble cast from the first two films will be returning. Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway have been cast as Bane and Selina Kyle. Juno Temple has been cast in a role described as a "street-smart Gotham girl". Josh Pence was cast as a young Ra's al Ghul, with his scenes to take place thirty years before the events of Batman Begins. Nestor Carbonell is in negotiations to reprise his role as Mayor Anthony Garcia.Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been cast as John Blake, "a Gotham City beat cop," along with Marion Cotillard, who will be portraying Miranda Tate, "a board member at Wayne Enterprises who is allied with Bruce Wayne.
The Movie will NOT be in 3D but he is going to use the imax format :yes: and Robin WILL NOT be in it because according to Gary Oldman: "we will not be using Robin because Christian Bale is still portraying a "young Batman"

And last but not least their has been rumors flying around that the Joker would be in it for a small part of the movie using unused footage from the Dark Knight. But Jonathan Nolan confirmed that these rumors were false. Thank you and keep checking back for more info!!!
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

hope this one is better then the last hunk of monkey droppings i suffered and then fast forwarded through
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Cbriggs45 wrote:hope this one is better then the last hunk of monkey droppings i suffered and then fast forwarded through
:shock: are you referring to The Dark Knight?!? :dumb: :insane: :protest: :twat: :devil: :bolt: ... comes back... STONE HIM! :x :x :x
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

gunblader3 wrote:Question about the spoiler
Ya, I was gonna say, it's probably a flashback.
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Cbriggs45 wrote:hope this one is better then the last hunk of monkey droppings i suffered and then fast forwarded through
O_O Do you by any chance mean Batman and Robin?
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Indeed. If you are referring to 'The Dark Knight', I want whatever you're having.

Seriously? 'The Dark Knight' is like the BEST super hero movie ever. 'Spider-Man 2' as incredible though, I gotta say.

But still, I cannot WAIT to see this new film. Batman has always been my favorite super hero!!!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

AIO Psyche wrote: Batman has always been my favorite super hero!!!
Not to mention the best looking. :inlove:

*cough* Anyway. I adored Batman Begins, though I still don't think I fully kept up with The Dark Knight. xD My mind was so wasted from something that day, I think, and then I had to process two and a half hours of sheer amazingness... Yeah, I'm watching them again a few times before the third one comes out next year. =P

Buuuut I CAN'T WAIT! :inlove: I love Batman; he's always been my favorite superhero, even when I was a kid... *happy sigh* My dad used to let me watch the action scenes of the old ones when they were on TV.
Last edited by Termite on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Termite wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote: Batman has always been my favorite super hero!!!
Not to mention the best looking. :inlove:

*cough* Anyway. I adored Batman Begins, though I still don't think I fully kept up with The Dark Knight. xD My mind was so wasted from something that day, I think, and then I had to process two and a half hours of sheer amazingness... Yeah, I'm watching them again a few times before the third one comes out next year. =P

Buuuut I CAN'T WAIT! :inlove: I love Batman; he's always been my favorite superhero, even when I was a kid... *happy sigh* My dad used to let me watch the action scenes of the old ones when they were on TV.
I definitely agree that Christian Bale's Batman is quite handsome. :yes: But you can have him now, Termite; I'll swoon over him in movies when he was younger.

I've only seen The Dark Knight once, in theaters. We bought it, but haven't seen it since. I think I liked it....but need to see it again to fully appreciate it because quite honestly I didn't get what was so amazing about it when I first viewed it.

Till the end of the line.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Future news to come soon!
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Kairi wrote:
O_O Do you by any chance mean Batman and Robin?
But the movie had the dead gorgeous George Clooney and Chris O' Donnell in it. :inlove:

But yeah that movie was utter garbage, they turned Bane from a smart super villain to a dumb henchman.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Shennifer wrote:
I've only seen The Dark Knight once, in theaters. We bought it, but haven't seen it since. I think I liked it....but need to see it again to fully appreciate it because quite honestly I didn't get what was so amazing about it when I first viewed it.
Basically this. I watched it once on DVD, though, as well as one viewing in theaters. I pretend I hate it more than I do, but... I just don't get the mass appeal and "GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!1" stuff. ;) Even comic book movies, while it isn't the WORST (its better than the bad ones like Elektra or Catwoman and better than some of the midcard ones like the first Hulk, Fantastic Four or Daredevil, etc), I'd take the better among the X-men and Spider-man movies over TDK, and while Iron Man 2 wasn't that great the first Iron Man and most recent Hulk (and soon to be Thor and Cap! \:D/) easily outclass TDK, imo.

Maybe TDK is great if you don't know anything about Batman and the Joker--but any fan wonders why people that somewhat resemble them (not sure why Batman's outfit is so dumb in most films and why the Joker has chapped lip issues) are going around acting stupid and mostly out of character.

I will say though TDK is way better than the Keaton Batman from '89 or whatever. That was just a mess.

Best representation ever of Batman and Joker is easily Batman: The Animated Series from... what, the mid-90's or so? Then the way they carried the character into Justice League he remained as awesome.
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

I like the Joker from Batman: the Animated Series more too. He seemed to truly enjoy being evil for the sake of it. (And he had Harley Quinn.) At times, TDK Joker seemed a little bored by it all. That's not to say I don't love TDK; I do. But yeah, my favorite part of the movie wasn't the Joker. And Batman in B:TAS is pretty cool too, although I do like Bale's portrayal of Wayne in the Nolan movies. Eh. They're pretty much equal for me at this point. (But then again, I haven't really delved much into Batman beyond the movies and the animated series. The occasional comic now and then, but they're hard to find in this area. :( )

I am really excited for TDKR, though. I like Catwoman! And Bane sounds interesting, what with him
breaking Batman's back in the comics and all.
And I dunno, I'm hoping they might hop ahead a few years? I mean, Batman's supposed to be a fugitive, so it would make sense if Bruce Wayne/Batman left Gotham to get more experience. No use hanging around if you're going to be hunted relentlessly, I'd say?

Oh, and rebuilt Wayne Manor and the Batcave would be a plus. :-
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I always LOVED the animated Batman series during the 90s. And does anyone else remember Batman Beyond?? I loved that series!!! I always thought that Batman Beyond would make for a GREAT movie, especially with how advanced special effects have gotten. \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

There was a movie! :noway: I found it on Youtube once, and used to own it.

I have smidges of memories of Batman Beyond... One is where the black girl holds up her fingers as the bat ears once she figures out who he is... :-k I really wish they would replay it. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

There is an animated Batman Beyond movie. Surprise it was rated PG-13 when I got ahold of the movie when I was younger. I don't remember anything too violent about the movie except for that "flashback" in the movie.
The Joker from the animated series was in that movie as well, just not physically though.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

No... Not "Return of the Joker"... I thought there was another one. :-s Maybe I've just lost it. :( But the one where they showed the flashbacks of Batman and Batgirl losing Robin to the Joker and Harley Quinn? Eh. Maybe that was a Batman one. *sighs* Nevermind. =P

EDIT: No wait... it is the same thing, isn't it? xD
Last edited by Termite on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yep, same thing. ;)

They also packaged the first few episodes as "Batman Beyond: The Movie" on DVD... I picked it up for like $2 a while ago. ;)

A live-action one would be cool with Clint Eastwood as Wayne. >_>
Taps

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yep, same thing. ;)

They also packaged the first few episodes as "Batman Beyond: The Movie" on DVD... I picked it up for like $2 a while ago. ;)

A live-action one would be cool with Clint Eastwood as Wayne. >_>
That's awesome. I got the same thing in the free kids section in my video store :p

It appears that Marion Cotillard will indeed be in The Dark Knight Rises Even though she is giving birth in may :shock: it appears this was the "second female role" they were talking about. I could care less. but... hey. it's something.