THOR: Ragnarok

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Finally saw this, and I loved it!

Good movie, and SO funny! This is definitely the MCU movie that start to end I've enjoyed watching the most. Not sure if that makes it my favorite MCU movie, but absolutely my favorite MCU experience so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It really is a good movie! I saw it in theatres and then watched it again this summer, and I had forgotten how fun it was! There are enough sad and serious moments that it still feels grounded, but the overall feel is still fun.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I'm terrible at ranking movies but it definitely is high on my list. I'd say probably maybe the most *fun* even if not necessarily 100% the best, but I really enjoyed the humor in it. Definitely similar to the Guardian films, which I really enjoy--but I think I may have liked this a tad better?

I've had Winter Soldier at the top of my list for a long time, it's probably technically a better movie, but Ragnarok is more amusing.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm also terrible at ranking things, and would definitely agree that Winter Soldier is a better film. For me, Winter Soldier is still my favourite Marvel movie and has been since it came out. They are very different movies, in my opinion.