Saving Mr. Banks

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Saving Mr. Banks

Post by bookworm »

With the Mary Poppins sequel about to premiere I've been thinking about this movie.
Anyone else see it back when it came out? Or since then I guess, it's been a while now.

I think the poster is pretty neat.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just saw it this summer for the first time. I had always meant to see it but just never got around to it. It was a little different than I had anticipated but I really enjoyed it! It was a great story and a lot of fun, with some depth to it without being too overdone.

The poster is pretty cool!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As noted in the other thread I don't particularly care about Mary Poppins, but I had gone to see this anyway when it came out because it looked interesting. I liked it quite a bit. The real life recordings at the end were really neat.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I posted here before I read the other read and heard the terrible news that you actually aren't a big Mary Poppins fan. I just saw that you posted two Mary Poppins-related threads and assumed you were at least a bit of a fan! :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's not like I dislike the movie, I just wasn't into it personally. I acknowledge that it has a passionate fan base and understand why, even if I don't find myself part of it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fair enough! We all like different things, and one person's favourite classic is another person's "meh." ;)