America's Got Talent (Season 12)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

America's Got Talent (Season 12)

Post by bookworm »

Discussion thread for the new season of AGT.
It premieres tomorrow.

Other seasons: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

I usually turn into at least watch the comedians and magic acts.

But all the acts I've seen this year have really disappointed me. Even the magic acts they have advanced to the final rounds have been extremely disappointing and too easy to figure out how they did the tricks. Watching the judges drool over these insipid acts like the performers did something amazing is really sad, too.

I try to give each season a chance, but this has been the most disappointing in the series history, IHO.

BTW, for great magic, if that's your thing, I can't recommend Penn and Teller Fool Us enough!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm not able to keep up with posting episode by episode like I used to, and there isn't anyone else to do it with me anyway it seems, so I'm going to be waiting until the season is over and eventually posting compilation thoughts on all the performances of my standout acts. It's unfortunate I can't do the evolving commentary anymore as the show goes on, I like posting that to watch how my thinking goes along in the moment as the season develops, but the season encompassing recap thoughts are easier to compile and facilitate posting. Might not have time to write them up for a while, but they will come at some point. As will the very late thoughts from the last season. Back then was where I initially became unable to post week by week, so those also will be retrospective posts whenever I get around to them.