[ 3 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Jumanji
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 776.38
Bank: 53,459.96
I was just posting the trailer for the upcoming sequel and saw we don't have a thread on the original so I wanted to start one.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Jumanji
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:10 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Cash: 389.99
Bank: 0.00
As someone who hasn't seen many Robin Williams films, is this worth watching?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Jumanji
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:04 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 776.38
Bank: 53,459.96
This movie is special to me. Not just due to the movie itself, but because of the circumstances surrounding my personal history with it. It holds a very distinctive place as being the one movie my opinion has changed the most on. It was literally a 180 degree flip. Not just from thinking it was bad to thinking it was good, truly flipping from one absolute extreme to the other.

The first time I saw it I thought it was the most stupid thing I'd ever seen. I not only hated it, I actually said 'Why was this made?' I'd never had that thought before. Even if I didn't like a movie I wouldn't wish it didn't exist because I thought it just wasn't for me personally but it might have some value to someone else. But this one I actually felt was a waste of time for everyone involved. I was that extremely negative on it. I absolutely hated it and I was sure I would never watch it again.

Some years later though, I did. I have no idea why since I was so strongly opposed to it, there had to have been some special circumstance that made me open to giving it another chance but I don't remember what it was. But whatever the reason I am so glad I did because to my great surprise I absolutely loved it that time! I couldn't believe this was the same movie I had been so hateful of before. I was shocked. I thought 'What in the world was wrong with me back then? Was I just in a bad mood that night? Or did I really think it was bad then and my taste in movies has just changed that much since? Whatever the case, I was an idiot. This movie is awesome!'

I've watched it again multiple times since then and my opinion hasn't reversed back to negative, if anything it's gotten increasingly more positive with each viewing. I don't simply like this movie now, I would actually put it on my list of all time favorite movies! Never has another movie gone through such a dramatic change in my mind, from thinking it was literally the worst movie ever made to being something I now truly enjoy.

I even have the board game! It's not entirely complete (I got it at a thrift store) but I had to have it as soon as I saw it. I was like 'It's a real game?? :shock: '

Offline Profile  

[ 3 posts ]