Justice League

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Justice League

Post by bookworm »

Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Hmmm looks pretty interesting! My family has been watching a ton of superhero movies recently so I may actually want to see this one =D>

But the Avengers are better in my opinion.... :mrgreen:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I cant wait to see this movie! Its going to be so great! *tries to wait but fails*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I would *hope* by this point, DC/Warner Bros. has somewhat learned their lesson on tone and pacing... the tone for the JL trailer and WW trailer are better than previous, so we'll have to see, so hopefully this will be decent.
Parakeet wrote:
But the Avengers are better in my opinion.... :mrgreen:
By far. :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was somewhat looking forward to checking this out a while back, thought it would be neat to see all these guys together, but after hearing how badly BvS messed up something that should have been so easy to slam dunk I've actually lost any interest. I'm still excited for Wonder Woman, I'll be seeing that for sure and do think that will finally be the one that's successful, but the rest of the DCU has lost all appeal to me at present. I'll give them a go eventually, but other than WW I'm in no hurry to get to them right now.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

bookworm wrote:I'm still excited for Wonder Woman
Same!! \:D/ But since the actor who played Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek films is one of the main roles in it, it'll be tricky seeing him as a different character ](*,)
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I feel like this movie is just going to be another Avengers Movie except worse.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Parakeet wrote:
bookworm wrote:I'm still excited for Wonder Woman
Same!! \:D/ But since the actor who played Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek films is one of the main roles in it, it'll be tricky seeing him as a different character ](*,)
Chris Pine was in Princess Diaries 2 years before Star Trek, which is where I fell in love :inlove: so his presence in Wonder Woman is actually one of the reasons I'm interested in seeing it! I'm sure you'll get used to it.

I am not at all interested in Justice league. I didn't see Batman vs. Superman out of total lack of interest, and that carries over to this film.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The new JL trailer makes me less interested than I already was. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've seen a trailer and a few TV ads, and honestly, none of them interest me in the slightest. I wish that this looked interesting to me, but it still doesn't.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm actually really starting to come around on this, specifically because of that latest trailer.

I started, way back, interested in what this movie could be. The idea of seeing all these characters come together. It could be really neat. Then I gradually got soured on the DC cinematic franchise as a whole, like pretty much everyone, and lost all faith this movie could end up being anything decent and therefore lost any interest in it I may have once had. But this trailer brought back that initial feeling in me of how cool it could be to see these characters team up, if it's done right.

I'm really intrigued by the story they seem to be setting up of Superman's death creating chaos and that being the draw to form the Justice League, to bring new heroes out that can step in to fill the loss. I think that's an interesting idea for a story. The problem is that's exactly what I said about BvS, I really liked the idea they had, there was great potential in it, but it ended up being a disaster in execution on the idea. So much so that I still haven't even seen that movie yet because I know it's so disappointing that they couldn't do it right. So I really hope this time they can make it work, but I'm wary since there is more precedent for it not turning out well than there is for success right now.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm still not really excited about this, but I got one of those MoviePass things so I'll probably see it since it's basically free. \:D/

(which anyone who wants to go to movies semi-often should look into getting, a MoviePass. I'm assuming US residents only so HAAAA take that Canadians and other countries I refuse to acknowledge!)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I went ahead and saw this, and I thought it was actually quite decent. I don't regret watching it.

Could have been better, but some things really worked. It was entertaining, and while the team up wasn't brought about in the best way it could have been once it happened it was really cool to see all these heroes working together.

I guess it was decided this was another pretty big disappointment in general, but I really think it was good enough for what it was. It certainly wasn't a disaster, which is what a lot of people were expecting, that's a win at this point for the DCU I think.

After seeing this movie I would be pretty excited for a Justice League 2 where we can see the group just going out and fighting bad guys now that the teaming up and initial feeling out is out of the way.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I thought it was okay, much improved on BvS and obviously they just had issues going with two different directors and stuff. Could've been better but could've been worse. It was fun but I really have had no inclination to wanting to watch it again whereas I'm looking forward to seeing Avengers: Infinity War again.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, I don't know if I'd care to watch this particular movie again many more times, but I'm up for checking out what's next now which means it did its job to finally give the series some interest and positive momentum.

Whether there is a next movie to check out is apparently in question though.