Calling All Pirate Fans!!!

a Pirates four? O.o

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Calling All Pirate Fans!!!

Post by Ben Linus »

Yell out to all Pirates of the Carribean fans: Disney in Making a Pirates of the Carribean FOUR!!!.
Yes, the epic saga continues (No joke! They are doing it) Except this time, things are going to be all Jack. Keira Knightly (Elizabeth Swam) and Orlando Bloom (Will Turner) Will NOT be in this movie. There Character will NOT be there. This Movie will be centered Around the one and only, JACK SPARROW! \:D/ \:D/
I personally am totally :D over this, but what about you? Do you think that they just sound have stopped it while it was a good thing? You :D about the movie like me?

Ben.
(I-am-not-kidding!!)
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1298650/

Set to come out in 2012... what a wait.. so many BETTER movies to come out LONG before then...

At least it is better than anyone saying that their will be a HSM 4... HSM has sucked the whole way from 1 to 3... And I've SEEN one, and OWN the book for 2... 3 just seems boring. I'm not a Senior yet, and we dont' have proms... I'd rather go watch Teen movies that don't include Vanessa HUdgens or feo Zac Efron..

Um, well, I don't know if you are right on Keira and Orlando being in the 4th one, because as of now, all they know is that there will be a 4th. Nothing has been said about the actual movie, or the cast. IMDB is usually the first to say anything anyway. And so far, nothing but POTC4, and 2012... I could go look on MSN or something, but as of right now, I'm not in the mood...

EDIT:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Pi ... -5506.html
Well, a little more info...
Probably where you got some of that info, right, Ben? That says a lot... there we go.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

(Have tdo agree on The HSM, I absolutly dispised every one of them. Those songs.... ](*,) )

Actually, I got the info from somewhere else, I forgot where. My brother e-mailed me the link and I seemed to have lost it. And I don't have time to look right now.

Thats what the article said, but I could have missread or something, I'll just have to keep looking for the Link tomorrow.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Oh gosh. Not ANOTHER PoTC. :thud:

I LOVED the first one. One of my favourite movies. But the last two were absolutely atrocious. :noway:

They should have stopped while they were ahead :(
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

this is not canon, in my mind
unless, of course, jack sparrow manages to do something awesome.
(which is a bit redundant. but if it's fanfiction, in my mind, it never actually happened and jack retains his awesomeness)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Christina wrote:Oh gosh. Not ANOTHER PoTC. :thud:

I LOVED the first one. One of my favourite movies. But the last two were absolutely atrocious. :noway:

Right on. Jack was so unoriginal after the first one, the plots were pointless (and usually creepy), and Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom ought to get some award for worst acting. Please.

Either way, I don't think that Disney is dumb enough to make another one, since 3 got such bad reviews. Here's where I get my information about upcoming Disney movies. They don't mention another POTC, and they've always been reliable in the past. Oh, and Pixar fans, this website talks about the next FIVE Pixar films. Cool stuff.
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/intheaters.html
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I seem to recall seeing some talk about a potential for the fourth movie being a prequel. I do think that the movies got progressively worse with each one, so I wouldn't want to see a lame movie, but if they actually made a good fourth movie, that would be great! It looks like everything is still in the rumour phase, so I'm not getting too concerned yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Poor, dead horse... why must they beat it so? :mecry:

On a similar note, Spider-man 4 and 5 have been confirmed to be filmed back to back. I liked the first two, not the last one... but hopefully 4 and 5 will make up for it...
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Christina wrote:

I have to disagree :noway: Though the first one was very good, The Third one Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End Was the best. The one in the middle Dead Mans Chest Was the worst of the three BY FAR! I cared nothing for the plot, and it just was....weird.
Catspaw wrote: seem to recall seeing some talk about a potential for the fourth movie being a prequel
Thats what I'm guessing, A prequel about Jack S.'s past (Speaking of his past, did anyone buy that cool guide thing that was out about a year ago? It had a lot of information about little Jackie)
I would totally watch a movie about Jack Sparrow! He's such a great fictional character!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

oh joy another movie to skip...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Hahah, yeah...I saw this on TV the other day. Hmm...should be ....interesting. :-s
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

A fourth PotC would be cool, especially if it will be centered around Jack (there was altogether too little of him in the last one).

But, whatever. *shrug*
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

AA wrote:A fourth PotC would be cool, especially if it will be centered around Jack (there was altogether too little of him in the last one).

But, whatever. *shrug*

Ha! Someone who agree's with me :hug:
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

*thread merged*

Pirates of the Caribbean!!!!!! Only true fans here, no peoplewhodan'liketheseriesandimsayingthisbecauseiforgotthenameofthemsowe'lljuststickwiththenamepeoplewhodon'tliketheseries. BEACUSE!! Let us all ponder the true words of Jack Sparrow: "Let us not forget our dear friends, the cuttlefish." So! Start posting about Pirates of the Caribbean, and don't forget about our dear friends: the cuttlefish.
~Mark Prescott~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't watch Pirates of the Caribean because there are zombies which derive from voodoo which is of course merely a branch of Satanism. Plus ghosts--clearly the Bible says "to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD" and the presence of ghost in the film is clearly blasphemous and disrespecting THE true KJV 1611 Word of GOD which was divinely inspired 100% as the original Greek and Hebrew. Furthermore there is a boat with weird monster people on it--which really are demons. Not to mention the fact that it contains imodest clothing and lust and unmarried people kissing. :shame:
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Didn't I say please no peoplewhodan'liketheseriesandimsayingthisbecauseiforgotthenameofthemsowe'lljuststickwiththenamepeoplewhodon'tliketheseries. In other words NO BASHERS!
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

You said it in such a hard to read way I decided to ignore it! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I only like the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The other two were pretty awful, in my opinion. And ridiculously long too :noway:

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. The first one was great. The second one... meh. It had it's good parts. But by the time they rolled out the third one out the characters (minus Jack) were overused... :( They shoulda quit while they were ahead. There was the ocassional hilarious sequence, but those were few and far between. Meh.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't watch Pirates of the Caribean because there are zombies which derive from voodoo which is of course merely a branch of Satanism. Plus ghosts--clearly the Bible says "to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD" and the presence of ghost in the film is clearly blasphemous and disrespecting THE true KJV 1611 Word of GOD which was divinely inspired 100% as the original Greek and Hebrew. Furthermore there is a boat with weird monster people on it--which really are demons. Not to mention the fact that it contains imodest clothing and lust and unmarried people kissing. :shame:
this post = epic win.

but ya... they definitely should have stopped after the first one. I didn't even finish watching the third one the first time... I found it ridiculously long and... pointless.
Last edited by jelly on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait