Captain Marvel

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Captain Marvel

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks interesting! Prior to the end of Infinity War, I didn't really know anything about her (and still don't know much) but this looks pretty good to me. Of course I plan to see it because it's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and (presumably) will later impact other stuff, but it also looks like a good story on its own.

I had read online that they were going to digitally de-age Samule L. Jackson, so when I heard his voice I was waiting for the reveal, and however they did it, he looks good! :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- 21 Sep 2018 06:23 am --

I know absolutely nothing about this character, but I think the movie looks interesting.

-- 04 Dec 2018 10:45 am --

New trailer.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hmm, that was okay, but I was hoping to be wowed a little more. I still feel moderately interested, just not about to be blown away. Maybe that's okay? I don't know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Early buzz wasn't overly positive, but it smashed the box office!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have plans to go with my brother on Saturday. I heard somebody talking about how interesting the post-credits scene was and quickly walked away before I could hear any details! Even if it isn't the best movie of all time, I plan to enjoy it!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

So I have seen it twice now. Once by myself and once with a friend. I generally enjoyed it both times. It was not the best Marvel movie I have ever seen though.
I greatly enjoyed the parts with both Agent Coulson and Fury. Having watched Agents of Shield for many years it was fun to see a young Coulson at the start of his career.

I did feel however that the plot felt a little disjointed at times. Too much was revealed to early; after the big 'wow' moment you could pretty much predict what was going to happen from there on out. I still enjoyed the movie, but it felt predictable.
Overall, it was decent, not the best or the worst Marvel movie. It had it's fun parts, it had it's dull parts.

6/10
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to see "Captain Marvel" today and really enjoyed it! :D It was lots of fun and had a few things that kept me guessing or surprised me. It isn't my favourite Marvel movie, but I thought it was solid. The real test will be if it's still really enjoyable to watch when I'm not looking for hints at the future. ;) I enjoyed all the stuff we learned about past events and pager jokes and stuff like that is enough to make me laugh!
Jehoshaphat wrote:
I greatly enjoyed the parts with both Agent Coulson and Fury.
I totally agree with this part!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I always liked Captain Marvel in the few comics I read, so I was pretty stoked for this movie. It was good! I liked it better than a good chunk of the MCU, though it's not my favorite. Did anyone else enjoy that this story was a little more self-contained and wasn't the big, bombastic "end of the world" kind of story we've had with so many superhero movies? I liked how "small" the story felt, despite it taking place on multiple planets. It was lighthearted without being overly jokey. It reminded me of seeing the Phase 1 movies in the theater. Looking forward to seeing more Captain Marvel in Endgame!

Also, it does really please me that so many actors from Scott Pilgrim vs the World are now in the MCU. I'd kill to have Jason Schwartzman play a character someday.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I agree that it was nice to have a story that was interesting and had some level of stakes but did not threaten the lives of millions or even billions. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wasn't super into this one. I didn't dislike it, it was fine, but I didn't really connect with much I was just watching whatever was happening happen.

What I actually liked most about it wasn't its own story, but seeing the origins of other things in the series: the tesseract, Fury's eye, the Avengers initiative, etc.

The de-aging was great!

It was weird that the big trailer line wasn't actually in the movie.