Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Post by Catspaw »

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? I hadn't heard a thing about it before it came out recently, and then started seeing really great reviews. There are a lot of Spiderman movies out there, so I was skeptical at first, but heard enough good things that when my brother asked if I wanted to go, I agreed. It turns out that it is a fantastic movie! They make great used of the benefits of animation for a superhero story, and it looks great. The story is also really well done, with a few surprises. I highly recommend it! It's totally family friendly - some action violence, but a reasonable PG.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've heard great things about it. Don't plan to see it in the near future because I'm just not interested in non-MCU Spider-Man stuff at the moment, but will probably check it out down the road eventually since it's apparently really good.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Probably my new favorite Spider-man movie.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I laughed so hard at the Spider-Man 3 joke at the beginning and thought of Top and Jelly. I'm glad you saw the movie and liked it, Top!
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

This movie is amazing. I will post a review later so someone post pls.
Resident JRPG nut
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Posting so I can read Monty's review of this great movie! :D
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Review is in the spoiler
Into the Spiderverse is one of the greatest superhero movies ever made. First, it is a beautiful film. It ooses style and honestly the way that each character fits their world in their style reminds me of Hollow Knight and how something similar was done there with how the world looked desolate at the beginning of your journey but as you met more people it felt more lived in. It looks so good that I can't believe it isn't a work of art. The story is incredible as well. I was shocked by Spider-Man's death at the beginning. And I loved that the plot wasn't the plot of Spider-Verse (the comic) It is an amazing story. I actually didn't roll my eyes at the death of Uncle Aaron because he didn't feel generic Uncle Ben. He felt like a real person. It made me feel bad for Kingpin when I found out he was trying to bring his family back because he had lost them when they left him and got in a car crash. The characters feel real and like they belong in this story and aren't along for the ride. 616 Spider-Man's struggles, Spider-Gwen's loner attitude because of her Peter's death, Penni's grief over the loss of SPIDER, all of it felt real. This is the biggest strength of the movie. Characters actually feeling real. From Miles' and his dad's relationship, to what is mentioned above, characters feel real. I haven't even scratched the surface of what makes Into the Spider-Verse a cinematic masterpiece.
7.8/10 IGN, too much water
Resident JRPG nut
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, I agree with your appreciation of how real the characters and their emotions feel! :D Thanks for sharing your long review!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oscar winner!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! A well deserved honour! It isn't that often that I have actually seen a movie that wins an Oscar, not to mention one that I really liked! ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw wrote:I laughed so hard at the Spider-Man 3 joke at the beginning and thought of Top and Jelly.
I'm so flattered. xD For what it's worth, Into the Spider-Verse absolutely earned my stamp of approval! Honestly I'm also still reeling about how incredible the Lego movie was, and I'm beginning to think that you could probably hand literally any property to Phil Lord and Chris Miller and they will do no wrong.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

jelly wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I laughed so hard at the Spider-Man 3 joke at the beginning and thought of Top and Jelly.
I'm so flattered. xD For what it's worth, Into the Spider-Verse absolutely earned my stamp of approval! Honestly I'm also still reeling about how incredible the Lego movie was, and I'm beginning to think that you could probably hand literally any property to Phil Lord and Chris Miller and they will do no wrong.
Haha, the legacy lives on! I'm glad that you approve of the movie that reminded me of you. ;)