Stranger Things

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Stranger Things

Post by Jehoshaphat »

So I was looking for this topic and I couldn't believe that there wasn't any discussion about this yet!

I just started watching this show last week. I really wasn't prepared for the content at all. I had no idea what it was about before I started watching it. Of course, the first day I started watching at like 10pm before I went to bed. POOR DECISIONS! :panic:

Literally freaked myself out watching this. I had to go and watch some Parks and Rec <3 before I went to bed.

Anyways, I am about halfway through the first season, I think it is a pretty good show so far. It has a nice pace, not to fast, not to slow, and just enough suspense. I like all the references to the 80s as well. I am really excited to find out what happens in the rest of the show!

Has anyone else watched it? Opinions?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I really thought there was a thread about this too. WEIRD.

Anyway, I've seen all the seasons thus far. I really don't want to say too much because I wouldn't want you to feel like I spoiled it at all. BUT, I will say, I loved all the 80s references and vibes too. And the first season is the best in my opinion.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

So I don't remember a lot of this anymore. I think I finished season 1 and then lost interest. I can't remember if it was because I lost interest or just didn't have time with school.

I will probably pick it up again when I have more time. (One week until the end of semester!)
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I really like the series so far although I've only seen the first two seasons. That Sesame Street Parody is hilarious.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

i think the series took a small dip in quality during season 3, but it's back in full force this current season. eagerly awaiting vol. 2!
he/him | a little stinker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Season 3 was better than season 4. It kinda dragged on and...
Eddie dying was so lame. WHY. I don't think they should have killed him off. Plus, his death was SUPER dumb. xD I don't know how I feel about how they did Max, I think that was a little lame too. I like her character, but I mean, are the core characters invincible? The acting was stellar in both of those scenes, though.

OH YEAH, and the guy (Jason) leading the crusade against the Hell Fire Club was the dumbest side antagonist. They should have killed him off straight away. xD
I wanted to see what all happens, but I found myself skipping through episodes and watching on 1.25 speed. :p I'm curious to see how season 5 goes. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |