American Idol

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Who do you want to win?

Carrie Underwood
76%
Bo Bice
10%
Constantine Maroulis
10%
Nadia Turner
No votes
Scott Savol
No votes
Anthony Fedorov
No votes
Vonzell Solomon
5%

Total votes: 21

spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

last nights show was pretty good but they wrote a terrible song for Bo. Carrie definatly did better than Bo. Her last song was really good and I hope she wins tonight. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you haven't watched the show yet . . . SPOILER ALERT! :shock:

CARRIE UNDERWOOD is your new American Idol. \:D/

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I am sooooooooooo glad!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT!

WOO HOO! You go girl! I'm so glad that Carrie won...

I've stuck by her side (so to say ;)) since the begining. :P I'm so glad.

:blow: :party: :bouncy: :cheerleader: :photo:

and this is for Bo fans... :neener: (ok, fine, I'll be a mature invidual now... ;)) I'm kidding...

Sarah
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Aww, neat. She looked so happy.

It was a good show tonight. I loved watching all the finalists return. I'm really impressed by how this show makes fun of itself (the whole "Simon's Dark Secret" bit).

Still don't know if I'll watch next season, though.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Carrie Underwood rocks! :blow: :party: :blow:

She sings that new single really well. I never buy their CDs though. Speaking of American Idol, Kelly Clarkson is really doing her own thing and soaring outside of the American Idol contract. I heard one of her latest songs and I thought it rocked my socks!

:bounce: :yey: :bouncy: :yey: :bounce:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:She sings that new single really well. I never buy their CDs though. Speaking of American Idol, Kelly Clarkson is really doing her own thing and soaring outside of the American Idol contract. I heard one of her latest songs and I thought it rocked my socks!

Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken have both done quite well as a result of American Idol. While Kelly has received more airplay of any Idol, Clay has outsold all other Idols.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
LovedbyGod wrote:She sings that new single really well. I never buy their CDs though. Speaking of American Idol, Kelly Clarkson is really doing her own thing and soaring outside of the American Idol contract. I heard one of her latest songs and I thought it rocked my socks!

Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken have both done quite well as a result of American Idol. While Kelly has received more airplay of any Idol, Clay has outsold all other Idols.
clay didn't even win!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

mdb17 wrote:clay didn't even win!
Which makes his success that much more incredible. \:D/
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i think its better not to win you get more flexibilty in you contract and the stuff you can sing
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

mdb17 wrote:i think its better not to win you get more flexibilty in you contract and the stuff you can sing
For the most part, you would be correct. However, although Clay Aiken finished second, he did not choose everything on his album. He did admit that Clive Davis was rather generous in allowing him (Clay) to choose a large selection of songs . . . I think it was key that Clay was allowed to title his album, "Measure of a Man." Its implications meant more to Clay than people may realize at first glance.

It all depends on the company with whom you sign. If, on the other hand, you choose to produce an album independently, then you get the ultimate freedom to sing whatever you want. At the same time, you also get everything that goes along with it... expenses. ](*,)
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

while im glad carrie won over bo, im a lil doubtful we'll hear much of her. reuben studdard and fantasia havent had much success [although kelly clarkson is still doing remarkably well]. even though the idols get a record deal..a lot of times it doesnt help them much..
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

YESS!!!! CARRIE WON!!!

and the finale was an excellent show!! not at all boring like i expected a two hour results show to be!!

It will be interesting to see how Carrie does....I am hoping she WILL make off better than ruben or fantasia. My guess though is that the idol producers will want to make her big because she's new and different than previous idols; they've never had a country singer before. Although personally i hope she doens't make an exclusively country cd!
No matter what i definitely can't wait for her single to come out!! SHe sings that song beautifully!!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I was for Carrie all the way! Bo STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

AIO PSYCHE wrote:I was for Carrie all the way! Bo STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
get out of here!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

poWerbOy wrote:It will be interesting to see how Carrie does....I am hoping she WILL make off better than ruben or fantasia. My guess though is that the idol producers will want to make her big because she's new and different than previous idols; they've never had a country singer before. Although personally i hope she doens't make an exclusively country cd!
No matter what i definitely can't wait for her single to come out!! SHe sings that song beautifully!!
What's likely going to happen with Carrie is that she'll produce a pop/country album . . . . depending upon the success of her debut album, she may slide back into the country genre (and sing exclusively country), or she may continue with the pop/country style. I personally can't see her staying with pop music for very long . . . it's just not her style, and she prefers country.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I think Carrie will be so-so during her American Idol contract and blossem Kelly Clarkson style after she gets out of it.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

hmmm....I want a private jet to....anyway I loved the song that carrie sung with rascall flatts and the "I believe I can fly" one
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I didn't get to see the song she sang with Rascell Flatts. Did the group really come out and sing with her in person?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:I didn't get to see the song she sang with Rascell Flatts. Did the group really come out and sing with her in person?
Indeed! Here's a short recap:

Carrie performed "God Bless the Broken Road" with Rascal Flatts, and it was amazing. Next, Anthony and Anwar performed "I Believe I Can Fly" with Kenny G. Beautiful. Constantine, Jessica, and Nadia performed "Walk This Way" with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Constantine screeched a lot, Jessica showed some rock chops I didn’t expect, and Nadia shone like the star she is. That was fun!

Next, Scott and Nikko performed "On Broadway" with George Benson. Scott grew his hair out and killed the silly facial hair. Nicely done. Billy Preston and Vonzell threatened to steal the show with "With You I’m Born Again." Babyface joined Mikalah and Lindsey with "Everytime I Close My Eyes." Nice treatment!

And finally, Bo Bice with Lynard Skynard. They were spectacular with "Sweet Home Alabama!"