Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I was given the 2 disc version as an early birthday present. The funny thing is that I have so many "special editions" that my shelf is about 50% full of non-standard size DVD cases. Ok, so I'm a BTS junkie... :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*hopes that BTS stands for behind the scenes, because I can't think of anything else it could be*

I got the 2-disc version for $26.99 at the grocery store where I work. There was an opening special on the regular version for $21.99, which was one of the lower prices where I am. It seems like some US prices are lower than Canadian ones. :-k
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I got the 2-disc edition from Amazon.com for just under $24. :anxious: It took about a week for me to get it. Some of the special features were interesting; others were boring. I watched half of the kids commentary, which was interesting.

Dave
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Ugggh. *starts getting very impatient and jumpy* :mad: :mad: :mad:

:explode:

How long do I have to wait? :mecry: I should stop looking at this topic so I don't get even more... vexed? :p
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Catspaw wrote:*hopes that BTS stands for behind the scenes, because I can't think of anything else it could be*

You are correct! \:D/ I loves me some BTS...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:Who here already has the DVD? I wish I lived where you could get it NOW... :( We're ordering as soon as possible, but doesn't seem to be very soon... :mecry:
I got it for my birthday \:D/ Just the normal DVD; the two disc one was too expensive as I've been told. I haven't got a chance to watch it yet though :(
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

*wishes she had enough money to buy the 2-disk version*

:boohoo:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I'm finally going to get to see Chronicles of Narnia tomorrow! :yes: Yay! I can't wait! :D
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Karin - Congrats, and I hope you love it! :D

Jonathan - Congrats to you too! :) I'm sure you will be able to watch it soon! :D I wish I could get the 2 disk set, but if it really is that expensive.. :(

My sister and my mum got me a special edition 3D soundtrack for my birthday, and I'm listening to it this very moment. :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:Jonathan - Congrats to you too! :) I'm sure you will be able to watch it soon! :D
I was supposed to this last weekend, but thanks to a whole mess of things I didn't get to. Maybe this weekend.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I've read all of the books watched(and have) bbc movies and again watched and have the new one... oh yeah i've also listened to the focous on the fam. radio theater shows i have them to.. as you can probably tell i'm a narniac....
Lea
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I finally got to see Narnia! Hooray!! I loved it! I'ts probably one of the best movies I've seen! :inlove: I'm so glad they made the allegory plain!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Liz_Horton wrote:I've read all of the books watched(and have) bbc movies and again watched and have the new one... oh yeah i've also listened to the focous on the fam. radio theater shows i have them to.. as you can probably tell i'm a narniac....
Lea
As am I! :D I read the books when I was really little (or somebody read them to me, I can't remember how I learned about Narnia)... For some reason, I can't remember how I read them or who read them to me, I just always recognized the series and knew the stories and everything. When I was younger I always read Narnia when I couldn't find anything to read. We also watched the BBC videos a long time ago, but I kinda think they made Aslan look too "cute" and "cuddly" and all that instead of "kingly". Then my dad bought me the Radio Theater CDs when we went to FotF Center, and I've been listening to them almost every night. Then I watched the movie, and I agree Karin - I'm so glad they didn't "cover up" the allegory!
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I have read the books many times, but I have never seen the BBC version of Chronicles of Narnia. I was warned by my cousins and some of my friends that they weren't as good as the new one probably would be.
I haven't had a chance to listen to all the Radio Theater audio books, I'm going to have to remedy that soon! ;)
And I absolutely love the new Narnia movie! :D
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

The old BBC movies weren't very good, I have to agree. Now that I think about it, I didn't really notice since I watched it when I was about 6. :D I love the new movies though.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

yeah i only watched the bbc versions because "Santa" gave them to us..
My little brother is watching me.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Lucy Pevensie wrote:The old BBC movies weren't very good, I have to agree. Now that I think about it, I didn't really notice since I watched it when I was about 6. :D I love the new movies though.
I thought they were ok.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

The reason I didn't like them much was partly because they added things they didn't need such as the White Witch making even a tent where she and Edmund could talk, or the way the wardrobe door opens on its own, or how Lucy always leaves it fully open, or the way the White Witch acts a little crazy, etc. It just didn't follow the book well in those ways. The White Witch is more cunning, if you know what I mean. I mean, in the movie, the dwarf is advising her. All the kids looked almost the same age.. However, I do think they did the Pevensie boys's hair well, since I suppose people had very neat hair back then in the 1950s. :)

The BBC movies kind of take out some of the wonder of Narnia, if you know what I mean. It bothered me that in Prince Caspian, the scene at the Dancing Lawn has "fawns" and other animals dancing around very disorderedly to drums that don't sound nice at all. They're dancing to music, if I remember correctly. And I do think they dance well, considering how often they do it.

Well, I suppose most of it has to do with poor CG and all that back then, but the White Witch could have been a little better. :)

Yeah.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Does anyone know if the Hide and seek song is on the special edition soundtrack? Because I really like that song, but it's not on my soundtrack.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Karin wrote:Does anyone know if the Hide and seek song is on the special edition soundtrack? Because I really like that song, but it's not on my soundtrack.
To my knowledge it is not on the special edition soundtrack.