Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Knight Fisher wrote:Your review was good. But I despise these movies. But I am a book purist.
How can you despise them? I could see despising Prince Caspian, but not The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:Your review was good. But I despise these movies. But I am a book purist.
How can you despise them? I could see despising Prince Caspian, but not The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.
JP. . .that's because he's KF =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Exactly. He despises a lot of things.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Exactly. He despises a lot of things.
Except for LoTR. . .but I can already picture what'll happen when the movie comes out next year :p

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Gaius wrote:
Except for LoTR. . .but I can already picture what'll happen when the movie comes out next year :p
*ignores Marv*

Well JP. I actually do like LWW as a movie. But when I went to see Prince Caspian that started to change. And then after VDT I felt I could no longer support this series in anyway. They easily could have followed the book in VDT. But they didn't. After that, I will not support these movies. And yes I do despise a lot of things. But a lot of things are despicable. And I was mad about the changes they made to LoTR. But I have a feeling I will really enjoy The Hobbit.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Gaius wrote:
*ignores Marv*
Marv who? O:)

Go right ahead, that's what people do most of the time. Thought you might as well ignore me partner while yer at it \:D/

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Oh, I understand. I feel the same way you do about Prince Caspian, and I haven't seen VGT yet, so I wouldn't know.
TigerintheShadows

Gaius wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Gaius wrote:
*ignores Marv*

Go right ahead, that's what people do most of the time. Thought you might as well ignore me partner while yer at it \:D/
Don't drag me into this. :noway:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
The movie was awful, in my opinion :anxious:
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Gaius wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Gaius wrote:
*ignores Marv*

Where I go, you go :evillaugh:

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
The movie was awful, in my opinion :anxious:
Prince Caspian? I agree, it was horrible.
TigerintheShadows

Gaius wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
Gaius wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Gaius wrote:
*ignores Marv*

Where I go, you go :evillaugh:
In your dreams. :noway:

I think IDANCE was referring to The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. :shrugs: Personally, I loved LWW, especially the music. I've never seen PC, and I thought VDT was good, although I've not read the book and thus haven't any idea how to compare.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I really liked LWW, strongly disliked PC though, I haven't seen VDT yet.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Jesus' Princess wrote:I really liked LWW, strongly disliked PC though, I haven't seen VDT yet.
Have you read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? Because if you have, then you should be warned that the changes made in the film are rather frustrating. Of the three Narnia films, I am the most disappointed by the changes made to TVotDT, as I feel those changes were completely unnecessary and quite dumb. (Yes, Susan kissing Caspian is also supremely dumb, but I get a few laughs out of that so I don't mind it too much. ;) )
Knight Fisher wrote:And I was mad about the changes they made to LoTR.
This is about the Scouring of the Shire, right? I still demand to hear your perspective which you have yet to post in the other thread. :x (I'm not going to leave you alone until you explain yourself.... And I was kidding about throwing stones at you. ;) I am truly curious to hear your point of view.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Aeva wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:I really liked LWW, strongly disliked PC though, I haven't seen VDT yet.
Have you read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? Because if you have, then you should be warned that the changes made in the film are rather frustrating. Of the three Narnia films, I am the most disappointed by the changes made to TVotDT, as I feel those changes were completely unnecessary and quite dumb. (Yes, Susan kissing Caspian is also supremely dumb, but I get a few laughs out of that so I don't mind it too much. ;) )
Yes I have read the book, and I've heard that there are changes in the movie, that's one reason I put off seeing it. Thanks for the warning.Edited quote tags! -Monty
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:I felt I could no longer support this series in anyway. They easily could have followed the book in VDT. But they didn't. After that, I will not support these movies.
I really think that’s the wrong attitude to have.
I’ve said this before in a couple places, but I’ll reiterate here.

The movies should be more accurate when possible, but if they aren’t it’s not a total loss. Even if they don’t get closer to the books in the future, it’s not a waste. The movies aren’t the final representation of Narnia, they’re just the starting point. If someone enjoys the films, they’ll be inspired to read the books they’re based on. And in doing that, they’ll get Lewis’s stories as they were meant to be. So the ultimate goal must be to complete all the films, not to appease every book purist. And our attitude should be one of support for this undertaking. Yes we may be disappointed in some of the individual films, and rightfully so, but we should support the franchise overall because of the attention it provides to Lewis’s work.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:I felt I could no longer support this series in anyway. They easily could have followed the book in VDT. But they didn't. After that, I will not support these movies.
I really think that’s the wrong attitude to have.
I’ve said this before in a couple places, but I’ll reiterate here.

The movies should be more accurate when possible, but if they aren’t it’s not a total loss. Even if they don’t get closer to the books in the future, it’s not a waste. The movies aren’t the final representation of Narnia, they’re just the starting point. If someone enjoys the films, they’ll be inspired to read the books they’re based on. And in doing that, they’ll get Lewis’s stories as they were meant to be. So the ultimate goal must be to complete all the films, not to appease every book purist. And our attitude should be one of support for this undertaking. Yes we may be disappointed in some of the individual films, and rightfully so, but we should support the franchise overall because of the attention it provides to Lewis’s work.
^what he said. You cannot expect a movie to remain like the book >_> Just get over it and enjoy it for what it is.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, that’s not exactly what I said. I said it’s not the worst thing if they don’t follow the book. They should still make an effort to though, and if they don’t then we have every right to be upset.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I know, they SHOULD follow it, and I WAS disappointed to have seen so many changes. Regardless, we can't say, "Well, that does it for me! No more because they changed it!" Try to find the good instead of the bad. That's what I mean.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

My problem is that they didn't TRY to follow the book. They didn't TRY to make a great film. And then when they do that they ACT like it is no big deal. And don't ADMIT that they messed up big. They sorta did after Prince Caspian. But Andrew Adamson just got a promotion instead of getting fired.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.