Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Chronicles of Narnia

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Who has read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia? Of the seven books, which was your favorite? Whose watched the BBC videos?

Anyone know The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe will be in theatres this December? It's be released under Disney and Walden Media. Weta Workshop (Richard Taylor and Company--the group that did special effects for Lord of the Rings) is going to be doing the effects. Check out Narnia Web for the latest news. \:D/
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

I read all the books and can't wait till the movies!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Chronicles of Narnia definitely one of those series you can read over and over again. I've read all seven over a dozen times . . .

I can't wait for the movie, either. If you have QuickTime, you can view the trailer here!

Here are some pictures of the various actors:

^Jim Broadbent, the Professor^

^Tilda Swinton, the White Witch^

^James McAvoy, Mr. Tumnus ^

^James Cosmo, Father Christmas^

^Ray Winstone, voice of Mr. Beaver^

^Dawn French, voice of Mrs. Beaver^

^Brian Cox, voice of Aslan^

^William Moseley, Peter^

^Anna Popplewell, Susan^

^Skandar Keynes, Edmund^

^Georgie Henley^
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

According to Narnia Web the movie is coming out in the USA on December 9th. I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I have heard that its first trailer is coming out this month.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Who has read C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia? Of the seven books, which was your favorite? Whose watched the BBC videos?

Anyone know The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe will be in theatres this December? It's be released under Disney and Walden Media. Weta Workshop (Richard Taylor and Company--the group that did special effects for Lord of the Rings) is going to be doing the effects. Check out Narnia Web for the latest news. \:D/
We have the BBC videos. I used to LOVE those when I was little. But we started watching parts of them recently, and BLAHHGGG!!!! Those are so FAKE!! And Aslan spoke so slowly! I was like "I used to like these?!" :-s 8-[

No wonder the chronicles of narnia movie has the same feel as LOTR! I didn't know it was disney/walden media! cool.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ferder wrote:According to Narnia Web the movie is coming out in the USA on December 9th. I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I have heard that its first trailer is coming out this month.
Ooh, December 9th. Excellent.
Jman 009 wrote:We have the BBC videos. I used to LOVE those when I was little. But we started watching parts of them recently, and BLAHHGGG!!!! Those are so FAKE!! And Aslan spoke so slowly! I was like "I used to like these?!" :-s 8-[

No wonder the chronicles of narnia movie has the same feel as LOTR! I didn't know it was disney/walden media! cool.
Yeah, we have the BBC movies on DVD. I remember watching them when I was younger, and I loved them all. What really annoyed me, however, was whenever Aslan "flew." :-s That was lame.

Of course, they produced the movies nearly thirty years ago. :D
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I love the Narnia books. My favorite are "The Horse and His Boy" and "The Last Battle." The Radio Theatre versions are pretty good as well.
I recently had to read a biography of C.S. Lewis and I found the background of these books very interesting.
When he was very young CSL created an imaginary world called Boxom(I think) with talking animals. Then during WW2, while he was a professor at Oxford, he had children stay with him. One little girl was fascinated with a wardrobe they had in the house and wanted to know if it led to another world.
CSL intended these books to give kids a general idea of the Christian story without the kids really realizing it, so later on when they were presented with the gospels they were able to accept it as truth.
Another interesting (but not relevant) tidbit is that J.R. Tolkien, who was good friends with CSL, hated the Narnia series.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I am such a huge fan of the Chronicles of Narnia! I loved the Lion Witch and the Waredrobe. These are my favorite books ever. I cant wait till the movies comes out. I am so interested on how they are going to turn out. I can only image the response that it will get when it comes out. I have the FOTF audio book of the Lion Witch and the Wardrobe I listened to it about a little less than a year ago it was a nice listen really brought back memories. This movie is going to be great!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I've only read a couple but I've heard all of radio theartre's productions of them. The Horse and His Boy or the Voyage of the Dawn treader.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have only read a couple of them but I've heard all of Focus on the Family Radio Theatre versions of them. The horse and his boy or The Voyage of the Dawn Treader would be my favorite.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I've read all of them. Favorites are "Prince Caspian" and "The Last Battle."

I'm hopeful about the movies...don't know yet.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Read em all many times......one of the best series in my opinion!!!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:The Chronicles of Narnia definitely one of those series you can read over and over again. I've read all seven over a dozen times . . .

I can't wait for the movie, either. If you have QuickTime, you can view the trailer here!

Here are some pictures of the various actors:
Thanks for posting those pictures! I was wondering what the people looked like when I heard them announced. I recall hearing a long time ago that Nicole Kidman was supposed to do the White Witch. What happened with that? :-k
I've read and enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia. :) My favorite book is definitely "The Horse and His Boy."
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Thanks for posting those pictures! I was wondering what the people looked like when I heard them announced. I recall hearing a long time ago that Nicole Kidman was supposed to do the White Witch. What happened with that? :-k
Yeah, I'd heard that rumor, too. I think it was just that. Mere speculation.

Here's a quote from an article written in March 11, 2004:

The Internet began buzzing with rumors of Kidman's involvement after she presumably arrived in New Zealand last week to tour the proposed filming locations for the first Narnia film.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I read them all when I was like, 7. Though I still know what they're all about cuz we own all of the Radio Theater productions. My favorates are "The Magicians Nephew" and "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Yeah I've read them all, I just hope the movies do the books justice.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Actually, as of now, they've only scheduled to produce The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. As for the other six books, I'm not certain :-k . . . I'd certainly like see them do all seven. Assuming the first one is good. :D
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Fav series ever voyage of dawn treader and horse and his boy are my all time favs

i liked the bbc versions and still watch the lion witch and wardrobe every now and then, its the only one we have though. also i liked the way they did aslan in the films because he seemed so soft and huggable. hope the new ones will too. reepicheep was cute to...but of course, i would never tell him that. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've seen 4 of the old movies and they were OK... I couldn't stand the way Lucy looked. 8-[
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me neither, Chandler. I'd give the movies maybe two or three stars for effort and at least a decent portrayal of the books. However, on the quality and acting side of things, there was much to be desired. #-o