Hogan's Heroes

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Jonathan wrote:Sgt Schultz is also one of my favorite characters. Actually, he's near the top of my list for TV characters in general^_^
You have a list? :anxious: I agree with you though.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Sgt Schultz is also one of my favorite characters. Actually, he's near the top of my list for TV characters in general^_^
You have a list? :anxious: I agree with you though.
Not one I've written down...
Top Cat
Fourscore and seven

Post by Top Cat »

I think Schultz looks funny when he smiles. :D
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Because he has the Hitler moooostache!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Because he has the Hitler moooostache!
That's actually the Charlie Chaplin mustache. Hitler's the reason it went out of style.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I know I'm resurecting a dead thread, but I was watching the third disk of the second season when my Dad made an interesting observation. There was this one actor who was playing the part of a German Canon factory owner and my Dad's just sitting there saying "It's John Avery Whittaker" I'm like what?" Dad then said, "It's Hal Smith" so I turn my head away to listen and sure enough it's him.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I love it. \:D/
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

ITS LIKE THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Robo
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I like it a lot. My mother got the first season for my birthday.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

My momma just started buying the shows that are coming out on DVD, and now I totally love the show! \:D/
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

I now have the 3rd season.

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

A friend lent me the first season, and I have watched the first 6 episodes so far - very fun! \:D/ I really enjoyed the eps. I found it odd that the first ep was in black and white and the rest were in colour. :-k I would love to see that ep that Hal Smith is in some time! \:D/
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:A friend lent me the first season, and I have watched the first 6 episodes so far - very fun! \:D/ I really enjoyed the eps. I found it odd that the first ep was in black and white and the rest were in colour. :-k I would love to see that ep that Hal Smith is in some time! \:D/
That was the pilot and those weren't always in color, cheaper that way. ;) And the actor who plays Carter in the first episode is not the same guy as in the rest of the series, but the guy who plays Carter in the rest of the series is in the first episode. \:D/

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

We used to watch it on tape, but my mom threw it away when we were cleaning out our videos. She said it was wasting space. I think it's pretty funny, though!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:A friend lent me the first season, and I have watched the first 6 episodes so far - very fun! \:D/ I really enjoyed the eps. I found it odd that the first ep was in black and white and the rest were in colour. :-k I would love to see that ep that Hal Smith is in some time! \:D/
That was the pilot and those weren't always in color, cheaper that way. ;) And the actor who plays Carter in the first episode is not the same guy as in the rest of the series, but the guy who plays Carter in the rest of the series is in the first episode. \:D/

-Cowboy
Actually the guy who plays Carter in the pilot is the same guy throught the series. The guy you're thinking of played a character called Olson. He's made various apperences throughout the series.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

EK:What did you hear
Top:I know knothsing.
Top Cat
Fourscore and seven

Post by Top Cat »

Catspaw wrote: I found it odd that the first ep was in black and white and the rest were in colour.
That's because back then it was still cheaper to film black & white, so they would usually start shows in black & white and if they became popular. Notice how other shows started like that? I Dream of Jeanie, Green Acres(I think), Bewitched. It's just that Hogan's Heroes did so quickly.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

mr.whit wrote:EK:What did you hear
:lol: Nice ToO version, mr.whit! \:D/

That would be very funny - a ToO Hogan's Heroes! \:D/
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:

Shadowpaw would be Colonel Klink. \:D/

-Cowboy

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Shadowpaw would be Colonel Klink. \:D/
And Top would be Hogan! \:D/ Yayness! I can't remember the names of the other characters, but one seems more technologically inclined, so that could be Me or Tim Peterson!