Pirates of the Carribean 2

A trailer! w00t!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You're right! :shock: They weren't in the movie! :( I can't believe I didn't notice this before! And since they weren't in the second one, if would be odd if they appeared in the third one, so they seem to be gone forever. :( I'm glad that the funny pirates stayed. Good Christian theology and all - "It's the Bible - you get points just for trying!" :-
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

Catspaw wrote:I think that Norrington, Captain Jack and Will need to form a club, with their common interests. ;)
If they dont kill each other first *laughs evilly* You are so right about the common interest thing, although I think Captain Jacko over there only likes 'Bethy 'cuz he thinks shes hot. I've seen the movie, and for those of you who haven't, (although there's prob'ly not many) I won't spoil it, but I cant wait to see how they rescue Captain Jack in the third movie.*squeal of anticipation*
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

FINALLY saw the movie, and absolutely loved it!!! I laughed so hard! :lol: Definitely worthy of bearing the PoC name. :D I can't wait to see part three...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I finally saw the movie this weekend and I have to admit that I was dissapointed. Of course the actors were still amazing and some parts made me smile with Johnny Depp. But they spent so much time on the special effects that it took away from the storyline and character devolopment. And did any else realzie how LONG it was. while i still enjoyed it I jpet wondering when is this going to end. it felt like it just kept going and going.
One final question. who is Elizabeth going to end up with? Will or Jack???
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

kellyj wrote: One final question. who is Elizabeth going to end up with? Will or Jack???
Oh please! Will hands down!! I hate the fact that they did that "romance" between Jack and Liz!! :x It made me sick! She is engaged, and she loves him and she only kissed Jack to kill him!!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

But Captain Jack is so much more interesting! That's what makes it complicated. I think that she probably will end up with Will (you know, if the Lord Beckett thing falls through ;)) but Captain Jack really is interesting and cool, if not necessary trustworthy or particularly noble or anything. ;)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

But Will Turner is the man for her! No more cheating in hollywood movies! :x :insane:
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I FINALLY watched it on Tuesday. Yea! Will wasn't quite as useless! It was pretty funny. I didn't read through the whole topic, but did anyone recognize Beckett as being the same actor who played "Mr. Collins" in Pride and Prejudice? That TOTALLY made it so much more funny for me!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Catspaw wrote: I was on the IMDB and I noticed something that I found interesting, in an odd kind of way. Check out Tom Hollander's profile (the guy who played Lord Beckett) if you liked the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice! \:D/ My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)
^ *points to an earlier post made by myself* ;) I have to admit that I didn't recognize him. :anxious: I had to read it on the IMDB. :(

Today I went to see it for the second time! \:D/ Yay! I love rewatching good movies, and this is a good one to see on the big screen. And I had read about a few things online that I had missed when I watched it, so I wanted to try and see them. Yay! I saw the boots (twice!) and saw both of the heart/snake metal thingies. I was quite happy.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Ah. I figured I couldn't have been the first to notice it.

I went with a friend who'd already seen it, and I wouldn't mind going again, but I doubt that will happen.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

What boots and such are you talking about? :-s Mistakes in the movie? Hidden things your supposed to find? Little clues to the third movie?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You can see Barbossa's boots the first time that they're at Tia Dalma's. Right after the monkey is let out of his cage, he goes towards something. It's a pair of black boots like Barbossa's - you see two shots of the monkey with the boots. A bit of clue for the end, if you actually notice them, which I didn't the first time. The other thing I mentioned was that Tia Dalma and Davy Jones have the same heart-shaped snake emblem thingy - it brings some new significance to her story about the woman that broke Davy Jones's heart... :-
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Catspaw wrote:You can see Barbossa's boots the first time that they're at Tia Dalma's. Right after the monkey is let out of his cage, he goes towards something. It's a pair of black boots like Barbossa's - you see two shots of the monkey with the boots. A bit of clue for the end, if you actually notice them, which I didn't the first time. The other thing I mentioned was that Tia Dalma and Davy Jones have the same heart-shaped snake emblem thingy - it brings some new significance to her story about the woman that broke Davy Jones's heart... :-
Oh sweet!!! I saw those boots but didn't think anything of it! ](*,) I didn't notice the snake emblem though. :anxious:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I finally saw it! In Slovenia...with lovely Slovenian subtitles at the bottom! :D Very unsatisfying ending...now I'm forced to wait in agony for the next film to come out! :angry:
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I watched it a second time today. I remembered to look for the boot (and I saw it!), but I couldn't remember what else to look for, and again missed the "heart snake thingy."

Yea for seeing the movie a second time!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love re-watching movies - I always catch so many little things that I missed the first time! I'm glad that you saw the boot the second time, Arwen! :D

Some people are way more observant than I am - I never would have noticed the snake thing if I hadn't known where I was supposed to look for it, and I can't say for sure that I would have noticed the boots or drawn any significance from them otherwise, either. :anxious:
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I saw PotC2 when I was in Hawaii! It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!! I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars!

-Bo
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I still haven't seen it :(
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Liz_Horton wrote:I still haven't seen it :(
I only finally got around to seeing the first one. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan! A movie lover like you hasn't seen POTC2 yet? I'm shocked! ;)

Well, if you liked the first one, you should definitely see the second one sometime! \:D/