Pirates of the Carribean 2

A trailer! w00t!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I thought the second one wasn't near as good as the first one. I think they tried too hard to make it be funny. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

www.comingsoon.net has a DVD release date for POTC2 listed as December 5 right now - yay! \:D/ It sonds like there will be two versions released right away.
The single-disc edition will include a pair of writer commentary tracks and 'Bloopers of the Caribbean.' The collector's edition touts 8 hours of material (film included) and should consist of the extras available on the single-disc edition along with a plethora of featurettes, a look at pirate lore and more.
I think that I definitely want the collector's edition! \:D/
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yea! Christmas list...:)
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i actually liked the second movie, but i thought it was a bit too long. it was kind of a weird experience. a comedy club/movie theatre opened up down the street and it's one of those "you have to be 21 to go to" places, and we went to the late show to see "Pirates".

the serve "adult beverages" in the movie theatre and all these people were getting drunk watching the movie. it was weird.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

I wasn't as impressed with the 2nd one. Had the worst ending..and I'll probably lose interest by the time the 3rd one comes out.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The ending was definitely a total cliffhanger so they can make us all come back to see the third one...maybe the potential of people losing interest if they have to wait so long is why there's going to be less then a year between the release of the second and third movies. :-k As much as I dislike having to wait forever without a real ending, I know that I will definitely not lose interest!

Yay for movies that exist to set up the sequel! ;)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

[ranting&raving="PotC2"]After reading the review I must say I will NOT be watching this, and am frankly surprised at it being discussed on a CHRISTIAN message board. :shame: [/ranting&raving]
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Which review did you read, Nate? And out of curiosity, do you plan on condemning all people who watch PG-13 movies, or just people who watched this PG-13 movie, or just Christians who watched this PG-13 movie. And enjoyed it. And don't plan on aplogizing for watching it.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I too saw this movie at the special midnight showing, the day before it came out, and I was in AWE. I LOVED it beyond words.

And I saw nothing wrong with the movie. In fact, these two movies are among the cleaned to come out in recent times. Very little, if no sexual content, virtually no cussing anywhere, and they are among the funniest I've seen in recent times.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm more then willing to say that I don't see it as appropriate for kids, and that there is some content that is not the cleanest ever. However, it isn't super bad, as AIOP said, and at 21 years old, I don't feel the need to avoid movies just because it may encourage an overly romanticized view of pirates and because there's a couple of kisses in the entire movie.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

My wife and I finally went to see this last weekend. I had read many bad reviews about it, mostly about the strength of the storyline. I went with fairly low expectations. Although, I didn't like it as much as the first PotC movie, I did like it quite a bit. I wonder if people had a lot of difficulty with the mythology surrounding Davy Jones, not being a very familiar mythology to people... I found the movie quite entertaining.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Catspaw wrote:Which review did you read, Nate? And out of curiosity, do you plan on condemning all people who watch PG-13 movies, or just people who watched this PG-13 movie, or just Christians who watched this PG-13 movie. And enjoyed it. And don't plan on aplogizing for watching it.
I read the "Plugged-In" review (I believe it was) posted several pages back, and I wasn't condemning it, I was just surprised that Christians would condone it just because it wasn't "super bad." What has Christianity come to?!?! :mad:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, you and Regis can discuss that and then get back to the rest of us. ;) There are a lot of things that are considered "okay" because they aren't terrible, especially with regard to entertainment. I'm not saying that we need to watch everything that isn't insanely bad, but I think that I'm not the only one out there that feels that they are mature enough to handle a movie that isn't "super bad" without leaving the theatre ready to run off and try to marry some blacksmith/pirate dude and then hit some poor ex-fiance over the head during a rum-induced swordfight. ;) Though I'm sure it's the less direct influences that most people who are concerned likely worry about. ;) I'm not going to say that everybody should watch POTC2 or even that it's the best possible use of my time...but I am glad that watched it...twice. ;)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Well, sadly, I don't believe I have mod powers, though I wasn't going to lock this thread. :p And, if the review is correct, their was a lot more filth in that movie than just a rum-induced sword fight. :anxious:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:Well, you and Regis can discuss that and then get back to the rest of us. ;) There are a lot of things that are considered "okay" because they aren't terrible, especially with regard to entertainment. I'm not saying that we need to watch everything that isn't insanely bad, but I think that I'm not the only one out there that feels that they are mature enough to handle a movie that isn't "super bad" without leaving the theatre ready to run off and try to marry some blacksmith/pirate dude and then hit some poor ex-fiance over the head during a rum-induced swordfight. ;) Though I'm sure it's the less direct influences that most people who are concerned likely worry about. ;) I'm not going to say that everybody should watch POTC2 or even that it's the best possible use of my time...but I am glad that watched it...twice. ;)
The amount of winks in that post reminded me quite starkely of they way CA used to post back at the TH.

Not that this has anything to do with the convo at hand ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Well, you and Regis can discuss that and then get back to the rest of us. ;) There are a lot of things that are considered "okay" because they aren't terrible, especially with regard to entertainment. I'm not saying that we need to watch everything that isn't insanely bad, but I think that I'm not the only one out there that feels that they are mature enough to handle a movie that isn't "super bad" without leaving the theatre ready to run off and try to marry some blacksmith/pirate dude and then hit some poor ex-fiance over the head during a rum-induced swordfight. ;) Though I'm sure it's the less direct influences that most people who are concerned likely worry about. ;) I'm not going to say that everybody should watch POTC2 or even that it's the best possible use of my time...but I am glad that watched it...twice. ;)
The amount of winks in that post reminded me quite starkely of they way CA used to post back at the TH.

Not that this has anything to do with the convo at hand ;)
Hmm, not a distinct memory. Though looking at my post that you quoted, I definitely seem to overuse wink smileys. But I love them too much to ever give them up! And I think that I picked up my bad habit of glaring at people from CA, so maybe I just get all her bad habits. ;) <---- See? Proof right there! \:D/
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Well, I saw the movie and liked it. But I will saw that it did have a very dark feel to it, it didn't have that happy, perky feel that the first one did. Needless to say, I hope that it was mainly setting up for the third which I hope has that same feel as the first. :D
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i will be curious to see how they tie up all the storylines in the next movie. i liked it a lot, but i admit i kept looking at my watch........ :anxious:
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Jasper Dale wrote:i will be curious to see how they tie up all the storylines in the next movie. i liked it a lot, but i admit i kept looking at my watch........ :anxious:
Yes, it was long and it seemed really long to me because I went to the midnight showing.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I get to see it tonight \:D/ Quite a switch from the first time around, waited three years with that one.

Oh, and bump.