Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:40 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:00 am

Posts: 2195
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
LeFou wrote:
Spoiler Alert. Highlight to Read.

How exactly are they brining Jack back from the dead? They shouldnt have killed him off...it seems rather stupid to kill Jack and bring Barbossa back...


We shall see now won't we.

_________________
Evolution is a faith, not a science!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:04 pm

Posts: 403
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
I hope they don't think of something lame. :noway:

_________________
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:46 pm 
Geniune Disney Cast Member
User avatar
Hmmmm.

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:37 pm

Posts: 2127
Age: 31
Gender: Male

Cash: 142.06
Bank: 0.00
I had so much fun working on this film! You guys are gonna love Pirates 3!


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:42 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28554
Age: 34
Gender: Female

Cash: 8,524.81
Bank: 1,958.31
Thanks, Liz. ;)

I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!

I know that I'm dreadfully sappy, but I felt so bad for Will, especially at the end! :sniff: He's so...noble and wonderful! *fangirl scream* ;) I loved the blatant excuse to rip Orlando Bloom's shirt of and establish that great father/son bond and conflict at the same time. ;)

This movie made me really like Norrington. I enjoyed him very much in this movie. He seemed more complex and interesting, and I really want to see what role he'll play in the future.

I think that Norrington, Captain Jack and Will need to form a club, with their common interests. ;) Seriously, they've all proposed to Elizabeth in some form...some admittedly more formal than others. ;) They definitely need a club!

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:49 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:52 am

Posts: 674
Gender: Female

Cash: 8.82
Bank: 0.00
It was awesome. XD

Image

BTW, the RIDE that sparked the phenomena!!! XD


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:37 am 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:04 pm

Posts: 403
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
The Wardrobe wrote:
I know that I'm dreadfully sappy, but I felt so bad for Will, especially at the end! :sniff: He's so...noble and wonderful! *fangirl scream* ;) I loved the blatant excuse to rip Orlando Bloom's shirt of and establish that great father/son bond and conflict at the same time. ;)

This movie made me really like Norrington. I enjoyed him very much in this movie. He seemed more complex and interesting, and I really want to see what role he'll play in the future.

I think that Norrington, Captain Jack and Will need to form a club, with their common interests. ;) Seriously, they've all proposed to Elizabeth in some form...some admittedly more formal than others. ;) They definitely need a club!


I agree wholeheartedly with the above sentiments. :-

_________________
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:20 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:00 am

Posts: 2195
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
The Wardrobe wrote:
I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!


"I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander"

"if finding, seeking, seek what you find if you dont have what you seek........" (needs help)

......ok ok you win. The first one wans't even in the movie, they cut it!!! It was in the trailer though.

_________________
Evolution is a faith, not a science!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:46 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:27 pm

Posts: 419

Cash: 0.00
i saw pirates 2 and thought it was REALLY grose...Jack was funny though \:D/


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:22 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:00 am

Posts: 2195
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
footballgeek wrote:
i saw pirates 2 and thought it was REALLY grose...Jack was funny though \:D/


Yes yes. I did try to warn people how much more violent this sequel was. =;

_________________
Evolution is a faith, not a science!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:17 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28554
Age: 34
Gender: Female

Cash: 8,524.81
Bank: 1,958.31
I found the beginning part kind of icky, but overall I didn't find it really bad, and I don't really like icky stuff at all. The guys stuck with Davy Jones with barnacles and stuff all over them were kind of gross, like when Bootstrap Bill's face started growing a new sea thing and a worm or something came out of it. :sick: That was gross. But there wasn't that much by way of blood and gore, which is good, at least in my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:01 pm 
Catspaw knows all
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:55 am

Posts: 893
Gender: Female

Cash: 234.80
Felicity Blackgaard wrote:
But don't forget the man who started Pirates of the Carribean. :D

Yep, Walt Disney started the attraction in 1967, the last ride he supervised before passing away. :(

They revamped the ride at Disneyland for the movie and seeing Jack in the ride sort of made me gag. All those girls in the ride kept screaming. *utterly annoyed* But definatly looking forward to the movie. :D


Ha ha, I've been on that ride. It's ok, though rather boring. (The two drops were the best part.) The girls kept screaming? :hilarious:

Haystack

_________________
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:45 am 
The Council must persist
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 am

Posts: 1828

Cash: 0.00
not all that great was really bored most of the time.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 am 
Re-elect the Town Council!
User avatar
is playing Super Mario. She never had a game system like this growing up!

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:05 am

Posts: 6292
Gender: Female

Cash: 1.04
Bank: 220.06
Blog: View Blog (1)
My favorite part of the movie was the romance between Jack and Elizabeth! I don't like Will. He's smarmy. And I loved how Jack acted in an uncharacteristic way: good, and Elizabeth the opposite: bad. That was cool. And just shows that they are made for each other.

We all know that Will and she will be back together in the third. UGH.

Image

Isn't Jack Sparrow dreamy?

_________________
Image
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:46 pm 
Little Old Bird Woman
User avatar
Trank forever. :)

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Posts: 5141
Gender: Female

Cash: 12.00
Er...that's kinda scary dreamy, Pep. :anxious:

Pirates2 comes to Europe on the 27th! My uncle said that we can go and see it when it comes out...and movies here are only like $4 for all times of the day! Yesh! \:D/


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:00 am 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 1449
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Larry The Pickle wrote:
The Wardrobe wrote:
I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!


"I was nothing more than an almost bystander"

"if finding, seeking, seek what you find if you dont have what you seek........" (needs help)

......ok ok you win. The first one wasn't even in the movie, they cut it!!! It was in the trailer though.

How about "I've got a jar of sand" and "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by." Oh, and I loved how Jack threw a "Toot Sweet" into one line when he was talking to the cannibals.

I finally saw this Thursday. Awesome movie! Much darker than the original. I had some friends who said that after seeing the ending of 2, they have to see 3 before they can decide if they like 2. On the contrary, the final five seconds of the movie, although very "hollywood"-ish, is what made me decide I liked 2.

Spoiler: I loved the fact that Barbosa is going to be pirate's guide. (Oh, and after that last scene with Will, Elizabeth, and the other pirates talking to Tia Dalma, I have now affectionately titled that group "the Fellowship of the Sparrow")

_________________
Image
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:12 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28554
Age: 34
Gender: Female

Cash: 8,524.81
Bank: 1,958.31
Those are great lines, Applesauce! :lol:

I was on the IMDB and I noticed something that I found interesting, in an odd kind of way. Check out Tom Hollander's profile (the guy who played Lord Beckett) if you liked the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice! \:D/ My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: I saw it!
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:31 am 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 28
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I saw Jack. It was pretty good. But at some times it just felt evil! like.. You owe davy jones your soul... I mean come on now. But w/e i still really enjoyed it.

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: I saw it!
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:42 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:31 pm

Posts: 1458
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.91
AIOFan15 wrote:
I saw Jack. It was pretty good. But at some times it just felt evil! like.. You owe davy jones your soul... I mean come on now. But w/e i still really enjoyed it.

Aw come on. It's good VS evil. Besides, this movie is one that refuses to take itself seriously. It's just fun to watch.

_________________
YouTube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/digifreak10101?feature=mhum
Click on these links or else!
http://www.wayofthemaster.com
http://www.s8int.com


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:52 pm 
Jehoshaphat Rocks!
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 1449
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Catspaw wrote:
My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)


Ooh! Or maybe she'll accept! (Wouldn't that be a major twist? Elizabeth marrying Beckett...or Norrington!)

**Possible Spoiler**
I was just thinking about this movie, and I was wondering: maybe I missed something, but why weren't those two bumbling officers from the CotBP in DMC? Or were they on that ship that the Kraken destroyed?

_________________
Image
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:33 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:00 am

Posts: 2195
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Applesauce wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)


Ooh! Or maybe she'll accept! (Wouldn't that be a major twist? Elizabeth marrying Beckett...or Norrington!)

**Possible Spoiler**
I was just thinking about this movie, and I was wondering: maybe I missed something, but why weren't those two bumbling officers from the CotBP in DMC? Or were they on that ship that the Kraken destroyed?


No, they were not in it. I missed them too! :(

_________________
Evolution is a faith, not a science!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.