Radio Theatre Collection

Tell us what you have

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Chandler

Radio Theatre Collection

Post by Chandler »

Since this was mentioned in another topic I thought I'd give it a specific thread here. Share which albums you have and which ones you'd like to get in the future. :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have Anne of Green Gables, At Home in Mitford, Father Gilbert and the first four Chronicles of Narnia. Sqaunto and Les Miserables, A Christmas Carol and At the Back of the North Wind. All four of the Luke Reports. I also have Little Women and Bonhoffer. The next one that I should be getting, it was supposed to be released today, is The Hiding Place. I'm not sure about that because I ordered it from Focus.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I myself personally own all of the CON and Les Mis. Can get the rest at church library.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

A Christmas Carol
Two copies actually... a complimentary copy when they first recorded it. I think it may have been the first RT show. A second one received as a present last Christmas. The more the merrier! O:)

Anne of Green Gables
Also received this last Christmas. :) Since I love the book I was pleased to get this one. I find it almost completely true to the book although it jumps through it pretty quickly imho as someone very familiar with the story.

Les Miserables
Like "Anne of Green Gables" I listened eagerly to this one when it was aired last year because I was interested in hearing the entire story for the first time. Never having read the book I can't comment on its accuracy. Since the original book is said to be 1,000 pages I get the feeling that the book has a lot more complexities. Good story so I was glad to get a copy of this. :)

Silas Marner
I read this story in Literature so it's another one that was familiar to me when I heard it. A very nice tender story with some interesting sub-plots. This was a favorite of my mom when it aired so it's no surprise that she picked up a copy.

The Secret Garden
I read this book as a child but it was never a favorite of mine. I mainly remember enjoying the illustrations in the book. :lol: "A Little Princess" by the same author is a far more enjoyable book imo and I would love to see that one produced by RT. Needless to say the audio drama doesn't excite me too much because I'm not a big fan of the story. I believe the actress who does Mary Lenox is the same one who does Cosette in "Les Miserables."
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I have every Radio Theatre release ever made on CD, except for Silas Marner, which I had to buy on cassette.

Dave
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I just noticed this thread existed (I had already given this list in the other thread). Since it's more suited here, I deleted my old one and am reposting it.

- A Christmas Carol (original tape version... different RT theme song)
- A Christmas Carol
- Anne of Green Gables
- At Home in Mitford
- At The Back of the North Wind
- Billy Bud, Sailor
- Bonhoeffer
- Chronicles of Narnia I - VII
- Father Gilbert I - III
- Hiding Place, The (on order)
- Les Miserables
- Legend of Squanto, The
- Little Women
- Luke Reports I & II
- Secret Garden, The
- Silas Marner

Plus a bonus:
- Inside the Wardrobe: Behind the Scenes of The Chronicles of Narnia

To sum it up, I have all of them except Luke Reports III & IV and Ben Hur (which is no longer available). My favorites are pretty much all of the Father Gilberts, but as far as the classics go, it would definitely be Les Miserables. I like all of them though!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I forgot to mention before that I do have a 99c Radio Theatre called "Inside the Wardrobe. :)