Elf

Cool or dumb?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Elf

Post by Kris Doyle »

I think Elf is the funniest movie I've ever seen! :hilarious: <(That's an exaggerated picture of me watching it.) But some people think it's just stupid. ](*,) <(That's an exaggerated picture of them watching it.) What do you think about it?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I thought it was funny the first few times I watched it! I think it's a once-a-year movie for me... Watch it once at Christmas time and then wait a year. :yes:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I thought you were talking about Elf of Rivendell. I was like... what the? :-s

;)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I'm afraid I thought it was quite "dumb" and was vastly dissapointed :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I enjoyed it, though it will get me to laugh more if you wait several months inbetween viewings.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Captain Jack wrote:I enjoyed it, though it will get me to laugh more if you wait several months inbetween viewings.
'DAS TRUE
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I thought it was pretty dumb. But then, I don't like Will Farrel, so that might be part of it. ](*,) :bang:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

*presses all of the buttons in the elevator* Hey look! It looks like a Christmas Tree!

I loved that movie. Ok, I liked it. It was really good. Will Ferrell always makes me laugh... He did another movie called Kicking and Screaming that was the same type of humor. I thought that was good too, but I'm going off topic. XD

Over all, I really liked it. :D

Sarah
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

It definetly had funny moments..but all around..I thought it was dumb. Will Farrel is just a little too...gay? I dunno..but he was just...weird.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I love that movie! Will Ferrel is like awesomeness condensed into a human body! \:D/
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I absolutely loved it. After watching it I wished I had seen it in theatres. That's the first movie that really got me into Will Ferrell. Now he's my fave actor!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Oh, how weird.

At youth group last night, we watched elf. O.O I wished that there could have been someone from the ToO there. :P It was just so weird, because I had been talking about how much I loved that movie a few hours before.

Sarah
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

pianokitty wrote:It definetly had funny moments..but all around..I thought it was dumb. Will Farrel is just a little too...gay?
Do you mean literally (is he a queer)? Or are you using a figure of speech? I'm not too familiar with Will Farrel, if you can't tell. :anxious:
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

My mom and I watched that movie when it first came out.. She absolutely hated it and said it was stupid. I thought it was a bit cute. Not something I'd watch again, but it wasn't horrible. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

It was extremely stupid, but that's what made it funny! I liked it but I'll admit it was prettty dumb.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

It got dumber and dumber as it went along
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I feel the need to bump this topic to denounce all of these long-gone Elf haters. :x

Elf is one of the most hilarious films of all time.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've only seen it once, and that was years ago....and I thought it was lame.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Baragon wrote:My mom and I watched that movie when it first came out.. She absolutely hated it and said it was stupid. I thought it was a bit cute. Not something I'd watch again, but it wasn't horrible. :)
LOLZ this was posted like a couple weeks before we met. And this is a lie because we watch it every Christmas season. :noway:
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Haha... Elf was funny because it was stupid. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY