Napoleon Dynamite

From a Christian Perspective

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:
Me wrote:*finishes the most random and disjointed post ever and wanders out to the kitchen to make a casadilla.*
Are you referring to the Mexican dish known as a quesadilla? :-k
You'd have to see the movie to get Me's joke which is Uncle Ricco's butchering of the word "quesadilla" which he calls a "case-a-dilla".
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

#-o I'll probably be the last person to see it. ;)
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

I though that this was a great movie... really funny, but for some reason it was better the second time i saw it... so just wastch it twice :D
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

well over all it is a point less but funny movie.. there is one obgectional sceen. but it is a good movie and we own it!!! two thums up! =D> :headphones: the music is good!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Me wrote:*finishes the most random and disjointed post ever and wanders out to the kitchen to make a casadilla.*
Are you referring to the Mexican dish known as a quesadilla? :-k
You'd have to see the movie to get Me's joke which is Uncle Ricco's butchering of the word "quesadilla" which he calls a "case-a-dilla".
Actually, it was grandma who butchered it (Oh wait, Lyle was the one who did the literal butchering), when she told Napoleon they were out of steak.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I thought it was amazing and there wants anything really bad in it
DanJackieChan
Found

Post by DanJackieChan »

agreed
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Gimme' some of your Tots!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

MMmmmmMM!!! Tots!
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Heck Yes! :D :D :D :D
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

that movie is so quoteable that after almost the second time watching i t you could probably quote most of it
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I frequently quote it while using my napoleon voice. Did it in a class presentation and got an A.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

I couldn't quote much because the bass in the movie was too loud when I watched it
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

i think that it was a hilarious movie. it is a little depressing but it is still hilarious.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Are you going to eat your tots?
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

beka8910 wrote:Are you going to eat your tots?
I didn't watch the movie, but I've seen that part before somewhere... It was disgusting. :p (And kinda funny too...)
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I didn't know a thing about this movie before I saw it, only that it came highly recommended. I was pleasantly surprised to find nothing objectionable about it--that being so rare these days. I sort of didn't get it the first time I saw it; I guess I was looking for who I was supposed to empathize with, and not finding anyone. But like dancer02248 said, it's much better the second time around. I could relax trying to figure out what was going to happen and pretty much laughed through the whole thing, while anticipating all the great scenes to come.

And I found the acting quite good. It's just that the characters in this film are either more understated than those types of characters are in most films (the "popular girls" at Napoleon's school; and maybe Pedro and Deb fit in here) or extreme charicatures of people you would otherwise recognize from real life (practically everyone else).

What I find especially cool is how popular such a creative, low-budget, inoffensive film has become. It's good, clean, quotable fun.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

You Said it Sister
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

i think napoleon dynamite has kinda died away..considering how much people used to talk about it like a few months ago.

when i saw it..i saw nothing unchristian or anything about it...but it was definetly one of my favorite movies :D