New Book by Paul McCusker

A Season of Shadows

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

New Book by Paul McCusker

Post by OdysseyFan »

Coming October 2005
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

More info..."A stirring drama about a young American widow who seeks to uncover the secrets of her husband's life only to find herself in the middle of the London Blitz, espionage and love."

Have any of you read "The Mill House"? Rumor has it that Father Gilbert features in the book somewhere. :!:

Dave
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never read The Mill House. Would you recommend it? What was it about? I read one adult book by Paul McCusker called Catacombs. It was good, in a somewhat depressing kind of way. I definitely want to read this new book, though! I didn't realize that PM was still writing adult fiction on top of all the other things that he does!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sounds like a good book. I have the Mill House but I have not read it yet.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I might pick it up for a read sometime, thanks for the tip. No promises now. O:)
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

What a coincidence. I just check The Mill House out from my 'school' library and I'm about eight chapters into it! Father Gilbert is the priest who conducts the main character's uncle's funeral, so far.

I like it because it reminds me of Dr. Blackgaard, for some reason. I think I'm going to look for his other books at my regular library and on Ebay if I fail there.