Catch Me If You Can

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Catch Me If You Can

Post by Evil Chick »

Have you ever read the book, or watched the movie? What did you think? I watched the movie last week, and then bought the book, and am almost finished reading it.

The whole story totally captivates me. I can't believe that I teenager would by with all of the things he did. It's amazing!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I think I have seen the movie. Does he take embloms off of little airplanes and put them on checks? If he does then, I have seen the movie.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I read the book first, then saw the movie on TV. The books was really good since it was actually written by the guy himself. The movie was pretty good, but a little dissapointing.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

AIOFan11 wrote:I think I have seen the movie. Does he take embloms off of little airplanes and put them on checks? If he does then, I have seen the movie.
Yeah. That's the one.
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I have it in for Mr. DiCaprio to what is probably an unreasonable degree, so I haven't seen the movie. Nor do I want to.

But since there's a book out too (something I was unaware of) I'll probably read that eventually.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:I think I have seen the movie. Does he take embloms off of little airplanes and put them on checks? If he does then, I have seen the movie.
Yeah. That's the one.
Ahh. Very good movie! Fascinating, too.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I haven't seen the movie or read the book. But I want to see the movie.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:I have it in for Mr. DiCaprio to what is probably an unreasonable degree, so I haven't seen the movie. Nor do I want to.

But since there's a book out too (something I was unaware of) I'll probably read that eventually.
lol! Yeah, the book came about about 20 years before the movie. I thought it was pretty good.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i have seen the movie and it was preety good. it was amazing all the things he did and how rich he became but in the end his sins caught up with him.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I haven't read the book or watched the movie. :(
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

It was a great movie.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I bought an edited version of Catch Me If You Can, and it's become one of my favorite movies! :D Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio work so well together, the movie has an awesome score, and the direction by Spielberg is top notch. All in all, it's an extremely entertaining movie!
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

What is it about, if I may ask? O:)
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I've wanted to watch it, but I've heard there's some not-too-good parts in it.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

^ So have I.

Rose wrote:What is it about, if I may ask? O:)
It's about a kid who becomes a con artist at a young age. (Not even out of HS yet.) And then the FBI is after him.

That pretty much sums up the previews that I have seen. EC and others can add more if they feel that I have not given sufficiant info.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I didn't like the movie because it seemed to glorify this con-man. I also dislike Leo Decaprio with every fiber of my being.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Monday wrote:I've wanted to watch it, but I've heard there's some not-too-good parts in it.
Unfortunately, that's true. :( They always have to ruin good movies... ](*,) Plugged In Online's review is good. Definitely worth reading if you're going to watch the movie. And, Trinarius said that he got an edited version, so that's pretty cool. I didn't know that there was such a thing.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I didn't like the movie because it seemed to glorify this con-man. I also dislike Leo Decaprio with every fiber of my being.
Yah, I don't really like DiCaprio either, but I saw the movie. It was pretty good. I was kinda in awe of him the whole time, and I do see how they make it sort of good to be bad. Movies do that a lot.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Evil Chick wrote:Have you ever read the book, or watched the movie? What did you think? I watched the movie last week, and then bought the book, and am almost finished reading it.
There's a book? Of course there is, duh, there's always a book. Was the book made from the movie, or the movie from the book?
jasodia wrote: I was kinda in awe of him the whole time, and I do see how they make it sort of good to be bad. Movies do that a lot.
Like in Ocean's Eleven & Twelve. I can think of a few more, but most of them I haven't actually seen, so I better just leave it at that.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jman 009 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:Have you ever read the book, or watched the movie? What did you think? I watched the movie last week, and then bought the book, and am almost finished reading it.
There's a book? Of course there is, duh, there's always a book. Was the book made from the movie, or the movie from the book?
At some point in this thread she said the book was written 20 years ago.