The Amazing Race

Discuss the show here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

The Amazing Race

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anyone been keeping up with the current (7th :o ) season of Amazing Race? I've been watching the show pretty much since the start of Season 5. But I've certainly enjoyed this particular season over and above the previous two, mainly because of the teams involved. Rob and Amber, who are both two-time contestants from Survivor, are awesome to watch. :D

I was extremely pleased with the end result of last night's episode. The gay couple, Alex and Lynn, finally finished last in the leg. As nice as they were, I simply found them annoying. ](*,) It's incredible Meredith and Gretchen have been able to keep up with the other racers. I think they've finished in last or second-last a half-dozen times now. :-s It was pretty cool when Phil announced they were the oldest team to make it this far in the race. Considering there's still one more non-elimination round left, I'm guessing it'll occur next week. I have to think Meredith and Gretchen will ultimately end up finishing in 4th place.

Remaining teams:

- Rob and Amber
- Ron and Kelly
- Uchenna and Joyce
- Meredith and Gretchen

I was rather surprised that Joyce was so willing to sacrifice her hair for the Fast Forward. Yet, I was glad she didn't chicken out like others had when they faced the daunting task. This is the second (or is the third?) time I've seen the TAR producers include a Fast Forward which requires the racers to shave their heads. And it's always in India. :roll: So future contestants, BEWARE. If the 11 countries along the race includes India, then you'd better be expect the Fast Forward like the one shown yesterday. #-o

I think it's pretty safe to say Rob & Amber, Ron & Kelly, and Uchenna & Joyce will end up in the final leg. However, I'm pretty confident Rob & Amber won't win . . . although I really don't care who wins (I like all the remaining teams), I'm really hoping Uchenna & Joyce win the whole thing.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

go Meredith and Gretchen
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I can't believe they finished in second place on that last leg. :o Who would've thought they'd have made it this far? It was pretty ironic that Ron and Kelly, who finished last, got the vacation reward . . . heh, they'll start out the next leg with no cash, yet they get to stay in a four-star hotel (or was that a five-star hotel? :-s)

Bizarre.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

well i want these people to get out and i don't care what order its in.
Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly I HATE THEM!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Yikes!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I don't really care about The Amazing Race.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Jman 009 wrote:I don't really care about The Amazing Race.
What?! :twat:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

HEY! That's my smiley!!! :twat: :twat:
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Finale airs next week . . . should be a good one. It'd be awesome to see Meredith and Gretchen win, but I highly doubt that will happen. I'm picking Uchenna and Joyce to win. :)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Finale airs next week . . . should be a good one. It'd be awesome to see Meredith and Gretchen win, but I highly doubt that will happen. I'm picking Uchenna and Joyce to win. :)
I pick them to win too
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

last night was awful ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

mdb17 wrote:last night was awful ](*,)
Huzzah! Uchenna and Joyce won! \:D/

. . . they were only a hundred meters or so from the finish line, and they couldn't get there because they had to pay the taxi. :shock: Imagine if they had lost the race because of the time they spent begging for money.

:thud:
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i would have cried
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That'd be too bad, I'd be so sad, I might get mad, I'd call my Dad... :anxious:
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Veggie Tales!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo glad that Amber and Rob LOST! YA! HOORAY! \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>

I really didn't like them on survivor, I don't like them on this race, and I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THEIR LAMEO wedding. YUCKIE!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

the next season the racers will be groups of four!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

mdb17 wrote:the next season the racers will be groups of four!
It should be rather interesting.

"In a format twist, THE AMAZING RACE 8 will be an all-family edition. Teams will be expanded to four members from two, and all teams will be comprised exclusively of family members. Examples of “family edition” teams could be traditional families (mom, dad and two kids), blended families (newly married with step siblings), four sisters, four brothers, multi-generational (grandparents and grandchildren) or engaged couples with in-laws-to-be, etc.

Families who think they have the stamina, wits and teamwork skills to compete in this heart-pounding adventure can find applications exclusively on CBS.com . All children participating must be 12 years of age or older. No prior travel experience is necessary."
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I don't know if I like this idea. I will have to see an Ep before I will pass judgement on it. I think it could make it hard to remember who is who and things about them but also could be really fun. We have to wait and see.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i think it would be real hard for a 13 year old girl or boy to run that race