Movies you think are really good, but seem to be underrated.

...subject description text box! Lalala! Yeah, yeah, I'm typing something in here! Dododo!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I was totally shocked that I liked Hellboy! The main reason I refused to watch it forever, is because the cover made it look like he had two huge corks sticking out of his head. I figured a movie about some big huge monster with corks was going to be pretty cheesy. Then my friend was like "Those aren't corks!!!" after he found out why I wouldn't watch it and made me watch it.

Haven't seen Van Helsing or Kung Pow: Enter the First....but Barney's Magical Adventure is my favoritest (yeah, I reserve the right to make up words) movie ever!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Screech wrote:The Sandlot, is awesome!
yes the sandlot is classic!!
two really good disney channel movies are You Wish and an older one called The other me. that one's haliarious....of course they're underrated because they are only played on disney channel.....
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Screech wrote:The Sandlot, is awesome!
Very true. I'm kinda disappointed that they've made a sequel that doesn't look so good.

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I just saw that in a store the other day and thought the same thing........
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Jman 009 wrote:The Game. That is the best movie ever!
Well, maybe not the best ever, The Game certainly was one of the better movies I've seen. It will keep you intrigued, and guessing the whole way.

One series that I think is far too underated is The Matrix. The first movie was the best, as everyone agrees, but the last two weren't nearly as bad as they're made out to be. Ctritics were unreasonably hard on the films, particularly the 3rd one, while the films in their own rite really are pretty good. They just weren't precisely what we expected.

Let's see... Newsies. Yes, that is one of my favorite musicals ever - right up there with Phantom and Les Mis. Yet, so many people have never heard of Newsies... It's a charming musical about beggar boys on the streets of New York in the 20s that sold newspapers to keep alive. The music is phenomenal.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I'll have to agree, I thought Van helsing was really good but a lot of people don't seem to like it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

David O wrote:
Let's see... Newsies. Yes, that is one of my favorite musicals ever - right up there with Phantom and Les Mis. Yet, so many people have never heard of Newsies... It's a charming musical about beggar boys on the streets of New York in the 20s that sold newspapers to keep alive. The music is phenomenal.
Ahem... actually I kind of like the Newsies... I was forced to watch it a couple years back, and it kind of grew on me.

Seize the day, indeed.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

jessicado wrote:The Goonies.....since apparently no one here has watched it........
:noway:

The Sandlot

Mystery Men did rock!!!!!
I've seen The Goonies! That is a funny movie!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Yay Simbelmyne!

I LOVE Newsies....er, or I used to . I haven't watched it in a few years, but I could probably still sing all the songs word for word. I actually bought the DVD a few weeks ago, but haven't watched it yet......maybe I should do so!!!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Bend it like Beckham was an awesome British sports film! Many people haven't heard much about it...I also loved loved loved loved x infinity = that is how much I love that weird Chinese movie. The colors, the sets, the scenery...it was fantabulous! (I also reserve the right to use made up words!)
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz