Superman Returns!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Superman Returns!

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

You can see the trailer here:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supe ... screen.mov
Synopsis wrote:
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

It looks cool, but one thing I don't like about the trailer is that it makes him sound like he's Jesus Christ. :-s

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

wich viilian does he fight?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Lex Luthor, for the 8 billionth time.

Nothing really impresses me about this movie--they should have relaunched instead of making it a sequel to the cheesey old movies.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

The Top Crusader wrote:Lex Luthor, for the 8 billionth time.

Nothing really impresses me about this movie--they should have relaunched instead of making it a sequel to the cheesey old movies.

It looks kinda like they did, sorta. They show him when he first landed and then him getting his powers in the trailer.

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Lex Luthor, for the 8 billionth time.

It looks kinda like they did, sorta. They show him when he first landed and then him getting his powers in the trailer.

-Cowboy
They probably recap, but it's basically a sequel to Superman 2...

I'm not much a fan of the older Superman movies... they really messed up Clark, IMO... and it looks like this goes back to that style, unfortunately.

Plus, Lois has a kid or something odd like that...
xiao

Post by xiao »

Hope this turns out as good as the Spider-Man movies. The cast is pretty well picked, and from the trailer it looks pretty good.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

They shoul of had him fight metallo or the Parasite.
Or Braniac.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

I don't want to see it. But I might anyway. Superman was always my least favorite super hero. He's too strong

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

The trailer is not all that impressive, in my opinion. I am looking forward to seeing what reviews this movie gets though. :-k
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

But wheres Christopher Reeves!? :anxious:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Eugene Kendall wrote:But wheres Christopher Reeves!? :anxious:
Six feet under. :anxious:

-Cowboy

Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

He's dead?
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Indeed. Has been for a year or two.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Me wrote:Indeed. Has been for a year or two.
And his wife just died too. :(

-Cowboy

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

If they had Tom Welling and Kristen Kruek, I'd see it. But I have no desire to see this movie because the characters are so unfamiliar. . . [the actors . ..] I can't explain it really.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Jennifer Doyle wrote:If they had Tom Welling and Kristen Kruek, I'd see it. But I have no desire to see this movie because the characters are so unfamiliar. . . [the actors . ..] I can't explain it really.
I know what you mean, I wish Tom Welling was Superman too. :(

-Cowboy

Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:If they had Tom Welling and Kristen Kruek, I'd see it. But I have no desire to see this movie because the characters are so unfamiliar. . . [the actors . ..] I can't explain it really.
Well the characters for Batman Begins weren't real famous either. That one I think turned out all right.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Iverkid wrote:
Well the characters for Batman Begins weren't real famous either. That one I think turned out all right.

Iverkid
They were well known, but just not all over the world.

-Cowboy

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Iverkid wrote:

Iverkid
They were well known, but just not all over the world.

-Cowboy
Yes they were. Christian Bale and that guy who played the butler were very famous. And Liam Neeson . . .
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

But not famous in the roles of the characters they were portryaing, which may make a difference for those who are fans of older productions.