The Hiding Place

Have you heard it yet?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Dave
Classic

The Hiding Place

Post by Dave »

I know it hasn't aired on the radio yet, but I was wondering if any of you had heard the Radio Theatre adaption of The Hiding Place. I read the book a while back and I am really looking forward to hearing the show. I've ordered the CDs, but haven't received them yet. For those that have heard it, was it good? Was the music and sound effects as good as they are "cracked up" to be? I look forward to all your responses!

Dave
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Well I am afraid you'll be dissapointed with my response...

I have not heard the CDs, nor read the book.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I haven't heard it, but it sounds like it'll be good. I've read the book and watched the movie. I think the life of Corrie Ten Boom is so interesting! :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Oh.... that's what it is? I knew I heard of it!! I had to read that book for school.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I read the book and loved it. I have not heard the FOTF dramatization yet. I ordered the CDs from FOTF and as is always the norm with them the CDs are backordered, it was supposed to ship on the 15th of April. My guess is that we won't get them until August.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I haven't heard FotF's dramatization of "The Hiding Place," although I have seen the movie. Quite an intriguing story . . . plenty of courage and forgiveness involved. Has anyone read "Night" by Ellie Wiesel? Another story based around the same events.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've read "The Hiding Place" as well as other books on Corrie Ten Boom. :) I also saw the movie once when I was little... kinda frightening for me back them. :anxious:

I saw that Radio Theatre was producing this and I was curious how it was going to turn out. Sometimes you have to wonder how they'll adapt certain books to the radio. :-k
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love the sotry, but haven't heard them yet.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I received the CDs from Focus on the Family yesterday (it'sin a different travel package than the other RT shows!). I enjoyed listening to it, but I must warn you that a few scenes have been slightly changed for radio. The messages and main details have not been changed but many of the situations are done in different orders and ways so the listener can understand what is happening. IMO, this probably adds to the enjoyment of the radio drama versus having narration, but it might annoy some people that it does not strictly follow the book (though some scenes are done almost word-for-word, as with the CONs). Anyway, it was a wonderfully produced and adapted radio drama (Dave Arnold dramatised it) and is certainly one of my favorites!

Dave
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It started airing on the radio in my area the week before last and my radio station did not air part 2 this past Sunday. I did listen to the first part on the radio and it was good I have the CDs and have been intending to listen to them in my truck but I have been distracted by other stuff. Hopefully my local station will get back on track this Sunday.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I have the Radio Theatre dramatization (which I received last week) sitting on my dresser, but I have not yet found the time to listen to it. I will soon though!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've been listening to it on the radio. I've found it a bit confusing so far with the many people coming in and out. I look forward to hearing the rest of it. :)
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I listened to it but I am annoyed at how they move things around they did not happen in that order. Give me the book it way better.
Priscilla

<><