MI:III

Yes, it really does open today!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Wich is your fave Mission Impossible movie?

Mission Impossible
63%
MI:II
13%
25%

Total votes: 8

Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I'm not sure if theres already a thread for this topic, but since I couldn't find it, and it opens today....

I am planning on going on Sunday. I can't wait!!!! Actually I can, that's why I'm going Sunday instead of Today. I hope this one is as good as the other two!

You check back after you've seen it, or post when you're gonna go.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It kicks off a summer of what promises to be a ton of good movies. I'll hopefully be seeing it in the next week or so.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Go Mission Impossible I!!! Why is it that almost all sequels are less good than the first movie?

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Hopefully I'll be seeing it tomorrow.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Haven't seen any of them. In fact, I now refuse to do so because of the huge wack-job Tom Cruise is.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sounds like a great reason. :roll:

I've only seen the first two, and of those, the first one was the best. But I think the third may be better. \:D/

-Cowboy

EDIT: Here's a link with a whole bunch of trailers and clips from the movie:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808728916/trailer
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I've only seen the first two, and of those, the first one was the best. But I think the third may be better. \:D/
I think/hope so too.

We may not be able to go today after all cause I can't hook up a ride. :( ](*,)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Mission Impossible is one of my favorite movies ever. I love it every time I watch it.

Mission Impossible 2, while it was midly entertaining at certain parts, stank overall. The problem was that they weren't even trying to be simmilar to the first one...which was there big mistake...

Mission Impossible 3? I was gonna be there on opening day, but couldn't find a ride, and now because of exams my date with Tom Cruise is re-scheduled to Thursday. I'll tell you what I think about it when I see it.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I haven't gotten around to watching MI:II yet. :( However, I definitely plan on watching both it and MI:III ASAP! I really like MI:I!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Ok, I just got back from it. And the whole movie can be summed up in one word. Meh.

Essentially, you take MI:II, add more of a love story, remove almost all stealth, add totally unrealistic action with no good setup, and remove the incredible direction of John Woo. Nothing against J.J. Abrams, who is a good director, but he didn't have much to work with, and Woo would have been able to save the thing just by making it look absolutely amazing.

So yeah... totally ignored it's roots with an even more implausible story. There were three good characters. Luther, who makes a return, a hacker guy at IMF, and the villian, played by S-H. Other than that, I just wasn't into this one. It was ok, but not worth the $9 or whatever it cost. I'm just glad I got in free.

Many of the action scenes were cool, but all the highlights are in the trailer, and most of it is so over the top that the style of direction just doesn't seem to fit.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

That so disappointing. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Me wrote:Ok, I just got back from it. And the whole movie can be summed up in one word. Meh.

Essentially, you take MI:II, add more of a love story, remove almost all stealth, add totally unrealistic action with no good setup, and remove the incredible direction of John Woo. Nothing against J.J. Abrams, who is a good director, but he didn't have much to work with, and Woo would have been able to save the thing just by making it look absolutely amazing.

So yeah... totally ignored it's roots with an even more implausible story. There were three good characters. Luther, who makes a return, a hacker guy at IMF, and the villian, played by S-H. Other than that, I just wasn't into this one. It was ok, but not worth the $9 or whatever it cost. I'm just glad I got in free.

Many of the action scenes were cool, but all the highlights are in the trailer, and most of it is so over the top that the style of direction just doesn't seem to fit.
Well here's my take:

Take MI:II, rip it up, throw it in the garbage.

Now, take MI:I, add more action scenes, add a great storyline, keep the awesome "spy-stuff", add some masks, add some good suprises, a strong story, good acting, with comedy and lotv'e heart. The storyline was strong, exciting, and a fun ride. And the badguy was cool too. It was just a lot smarter storyline then the 2nd one.

I agree most of the action scene highlights are in the trailer, but the action in this movie isn't overdone and totally unrealistic and stupid, and all in slow motion and dumb stuff like that in the 2nd one. Tom Cruise DOES make an appearence on a motorcycle...but only to arrive at a destination. Still, a pretty fun film if you like that type of stuff. It wasn't OH MY GOSH AMAZING, but you hang tight for a fun ride.

The BC
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

thanks for giving me some faith for the movie Bennete! I may go see... na, I don't have enough free tickets. Those are for Poseidon and Xmen3
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

*begins to hum Mission Impossible*

duun, duun, dun, dun
duun, duun, dun, dun
duun, duun, dun, dun, dun
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Haha! No one has voted for II. It wasn't all that good. I have yet to see III so I voted for the first one.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.