Davanci Code Movie

Do you wanna watch it ?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Will you watch Da Vanci Code ?

Yes, I wanna watch it
31%
Yes, cause I am just curious
8%
NO NO NO
54%
No, but I will check to see how it does at Box Office
8%

Total votes: 26

Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Davanci Code Movie

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

ME - no. I am a lil curious, and it will be at my theater, but I dont want bad ideas in my head.
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay Fan on Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I'm not watching it, for the reason you already gave, and because I don't want to support it with my money.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I say no for the same reason y'all gave. I don't want any bad ideas.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'd see it for free... :anxious:

I'm not sure yet if I'd want to pay to see it or not, though...
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I can see it for free, But do not want to.

PS I messed up on poll, and cannot edit it. How do you change it so you can see results ?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I'll definitely be seeing it, but I'll probably get in free due to my extensive connections with people who work at a theater chain.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I used to have connections.....

I'll probably see it. I've done a lot of research on it, so I know what's true, what isn't, and why. By seeing it I can be better equiped to argue against it. I'm also planning on reading the book eventually...

Besides, I'm fairly certain someone will want to drag me along anyways...
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

O, really? ;)

I wouldn't pay to see it, but if someone were offering...

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

a very wise user wrote:
Frank wrote:I'm re-reading The DaVinci Code...so I'll have the heresies fresh in my mind for when the movie comes out next month! \:D/
Please don't support that wicked movie in theaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dumb: :shame: :noway: ](*,)

Every christian (and everyone else) needs to boycott that movie!!!

It wouldn't be so bad about them saying such lies if they left it as fiction... but they portray these blasphemies as facts!!

This movie is going to mislead and confuse alot of people! If you have to watch it, I beg of you to wait for DVD release.

My family has been banned from watching this stupid movie.
That about sums it up fer me.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

This movie is going to mislead and confuse alot of people!
And that right there is exactly why I'm going to watch it. I want to know what's in there so I can tell people the truth. I know I won't sway b/c I'm steadfast in my faith. Plus I've done a lot of research on the claims in the story, so I know what's true and what's not.

How can the Christian community ignore something so popular and so dangerous? How can ignoring this movie help in the battle?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote: How can the Christian community ignore something so popular and so dangerous? How can ignoring this movie help in the battle?
I agree, Jonathan.

I'm also going to see the movie, because, despite the controversy it has caused, the book is an excellent piece of fiction. Dan Brown is a good writer, and knows how to tell a captivating story.
Last edited by Me on Tue May 09, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I don't plan to watch it for the reasons stated by the members near the top of this page. :) I saw the trailer at the movie theater when I watched Narnia, and it absolutely creeped me out... >_< It almost of spoiled my time watching Narnia for some reason. It just seemed really demonic or something. Ugh. ](*,)

Like Jonathan said, there are some people who are not so smart bookwise and believe just about anything that it says is true... In fact, if I read something that said it was completely true, I'd really wonder and ask around because I wanted to know if it was so much. :anxious: So I dislike how it says that it is completely true. Besides that, I don't know really much about it, except that it says that Christianity is a complete lie. >_<
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I haven't read the book, but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Maybe we'll Net Flix it. *shrugs* I don't really care about it one way or the other.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

My pastor has been delivering messages on the Da Vinci Code and it's lies since Resurrection Sunday... he wants his flock prepared to deal with the spiritual chaos that we may encounter now that the movie is released.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I'm not watching it, for the reason you already gave, and because I don't want to support it with my money.
Same here.
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Rachael wrote:My pastor has been delivering messages on the Da Vinci Code and it's lies since Resurrection Sunday... he wants his flock prepared to deal with the spiritual chaos that we may encounter now that the movie is released.
That seems to be overkill. It's a work of fiction. I realize that Brown's absurd claim that certain essential elements are in fact true sets it apart from, say, The Gemini Contenders, which makes no claim of being anything other than pure fiction. However, the "facts" in question are, at least as I understand it, largely about periphery questions: a chapel in England, membership of certain individuals in secret sects, the role of Opus Dei. These are major things, of course, but I don't think anyone reading the work is going to come to the conclusion that his reimagining of Christ's claims is "true" -- surely that's not the sort of revelation that comes to a writer of religious techno-thrillers and them alone!
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Zedekiah wrote:but I don't think anyone reading the work is going to come to the conclusion that his reimagining of Christ's claims is "true" --
You'd be surprised then.
Furthermore90
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Furthermore90 »

The book is fiction, so I wouldn't have a problem going and seeing it. But I doubt that I will cause I don't go to the movies that much. I'll probably end up renting it.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I voted no for two reasons:

1) My family isn't ready for me to go to the theaters yet.

2) I know my family won't even think about buying the movie.

Brad
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."