Cars Movie

New Pixar Movie opens today

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Cars Movie

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I am very excited about this movie. My theater gets it. Pixar is good.The movie looks good and funny. and of course, John Ratzenberger is in it, he is in ALL the PIxar movies.
Is anyone else gonna see it ? in theater or even on DVD ?
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I'm probably gonna see it today. I love Pixar movies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am going to try and go today. The only thing is, there will probably be alot of noisy kids at the showing that I go to. Whether or not I see it in the theatre, I will be buying it on DVD. I love Pixar movies too!! :D
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I'll be at the 2:50 showing at my local theater today (that's the first showing I can make it to). I'm not a huge Nascar fan,but I am a huge Pixar fan, and I've been waiting for this movie since The Incredibles! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, as well! I will probably watch it with my siblings when we are in the States. \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I want to see it, but I may just wait for DVD though.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Larry The Pickle wrote:I want to see it, but I may just wait for DVD though.
Me too. If we go to the theaters we'll probably see Over The Hedge instead of Cars anyway.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

We got a Lightning McQueen happy meal toy today... might go see the movie, but not today. The child has already seen the commercials and been asking to go for awhile.
And yes, I love Pixar/Disney. :-
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
map
Found

Post by map »

We're going to try and go see it tomorrow. Should be a good one, almost all of them are from Pixar!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I finished seeing it, and it was yet another great movie from Pixar. You won't be dissapointed.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Elrohir wrote:I finished seeing it, and it was yet another great movie from Pixar. You won't be dissapointed.
I agree 100% It is awesome!! =D>
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I really want to see Cars! \:D/ It good good reviews as far as I could tell. I did read that the movie lacked that "extra effort" seen in other Pixar films though. :-k Well, at least that's what some people said. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I can't wait to go see it. I've seen only a few Pixar movies in theaters.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

I haven't seen any pixar movies in theatres, so I see no need to hurry off to this one. If I could pick one to see in theatres, it would be The Incredibles.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Okay, I'm going to re-post what I wrote on another website:

It's an amazing experience to watch a movie, and then three-fourths of the way through it to suddenly stop yourself and say, "Wait! This is an animated film, isn't it?" Well, that's what I did yesterday at my local theater. Yes, I've seen Cars, and it is great!

I didn't forget it was animated because the animation was realistic. Although it is the most spectacular animation I've ever seen, it still looks like an animated movie. What got me was the fact that it didn't feel animated. Granted, it didn't quite feel live-action, either. In a way, the story reached past any style and genre, something Pixar is great at. Cars is completely different from any other Pixar movie, and although the plot is simplistic, a bit predictable, and somewhat unoriginal, the story is still gold!

Now, the movie isn't perfect, and I wouldn't say it's Pixar's best, either. There are a few scenes that aren't written as well as the rest of the movie, and there are a few gags that feel more along the lines of a Saturday morning cartoon. (For example: a statue gets tangled up in barbed wire and dragged off it's platform by Lightning McQueen, who pulls it through the street while trying to get untangled from it. The statue then gets catapulted through the air and lands perfectly in place back on its platform, completely unharmed.)

Still, this is a very solid movie, the best CG film in a long time! I definitely recommend it.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I want to see Cars! :insane:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Well I may just go see it today after all. Just cause I have a spare free ticket, and some friends are going!
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Not to disappoint, but...

I am a huge fan of Pixar films, usually go on opening weekend to every one. Favorite is Finding Nemo, in case you're wondering. So of course I got tickets early for a Friday showing of Cars.

It's not awful, but it is my least favorite Pixar movie. Main issues:
1) For 2 hours long, it doesn't have nearly enough plot. Pacing problems.
2) The characters are not that likeable.
3) I watched it with a theater full of kids, and I heard a lot of talking and squirming. This one is so dialogue-driven, it loses the core Under 10 audience.
4) Too preachy. The whole industry-is-bad thing is really shoved down the audience's throat.

What I liked:
1) Mater the tow truck. Fun character who will go down as one of Pixar's best.
2) Animation quality. Stunning as always.
3) Those small Pixar touches. Like having the guys from Car Talk radio show play characters, and the bumper sticker that says "Save 2-D Animation." Now that's cool!

So, despite what I was expecting, I liked X-Men: The Last Stand more than Cars. Which it totally shocking coming from someone who generally doesn't like comic book movies, and really enjoys everything Pixar does.

Peace,
-king shasta
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Applesauce wrote:I'm not a huge Nascar fan,but I am a huge Pixar fan,
I'm Both! I have two NASCAR driver signatures.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I went to go see Cars yesterday, and I had mixed feelings. On one hand, the animation was extremely detailed and very realistic - the movie was gorgeous to look at, to say the least. I could tell that the animators put a lot of hard work and effort into this picture. The film had some good humorous moments, and it also had an excellent moral message about being humble and putting others ahead of yourself. On the other hand, it was rather lackluster for me. Maybe it was because I had recently seen a nail-biting thriller (The Omen) and seeing a kid's movie just didn't compare, or maybe it was because of my lack of interest in racing and country music. Whatever it was, the story failed to draw me in and keep my interest overall. It wasn't a bad movie, but it just didn't seem to reach the high standards that Pixar has set in the past. Another thing that bothered me was that there were some moments when some unnecessary language was either implied or spoken. For example, after the credits roll, there is a short scene where Christ's name is taken in vain! Definitely surprising for a G rated movie. But other than a few icky moments here and there, it was pretty clean. So, in conclusion, I would recommend seeing Cars to those interested, but it's not really a movie that leaves you dying to see it again.

EDIT: Just for the record, Christ's name is actually not taken in vain. I read that it was implied - the word Chrysler was used. Must have heard wrong...
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.