Cars Movie

New Pixar Movie opens today

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

My soon-to-be-five-year-old-nephew saw and he loved it, so obviously, it was a good movie. ;) He was on the phone talking about the Tow-Mater and my father thought he said the "Terminator." ;)

My brother (26) saw it and seemed to like it, too. So it must be somewhat good for him to like it - a children's movie. ;)

I'd like to see it, but I don't wish to spend $8 dollars per ticket to it.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Go to matinee
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pepper Doyle wrote:I'm tired of the previews for it, that's for sure. A movie with cars as the main characters really doesn't interest me. I think we might rent it, but I don't feel like spending money on it. For me, same thing with the movie Click, I am really really tired of seeing the previews for them and I definately don't want to see the movie after I've seen the previews 20+ times.
Just see it, its a great movie...there just trying to promote it to make it another Home Video humongous saleout like the Toy Story movies (Which they need to make more of but arent going too... T_T ) I want to see Ratatouille it seems cool, and a little funnier than cars.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Pepper Doyle wrote:I'm tired of the previews for it, that's for sure. A movie with cars as the main characters really doesn't interest me. I think we might rent it, but I don't feel like spending money on it. For me, same thing with the movie Click, I am really really tired of seeing the previews for them and I definately don't want to see the movie after I've seen the previews 20+ times.
r

One thing I found with Pixar the trailers are definatly what would be considered "teaser trailers" because lately they haven't had anything to do with the actual plot of the movie. The other thing is Pixar always has a new short before the actual movie. I really liked this short. I think this is my favourite one yet.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

What's the short about? I was extremely unimpressed with the one before "The Incredibles."
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I want to see cars, but I'll probably wait till it comes out of the theaters. :-k (I'm one of those people who doesn't like to spend a lot of moneys. maybe bcuz I don't have a lot of moneys! :-k ) :-$
Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Dave wrote:What's the short about? I was extremely unimpressed with the one before "The Incredibles."
This short was called "One Man Band". Basically you have two one man bands competing for a little girl's gold coin. One is percussion and brass instruments the other one is a one man string band. They had way too much fun with this short.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Dave wrote:What's the short about? I was extremely unimpressed with the one before "The Incredibles."
Didn't like Boudin', huh? Why not? Boring? Silly? Kiddy?
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I suppose I expected more from Pixar. Especially before such an exciting movie as The Incredibles. It's a fine animated short on its own, but IMO it doesn't work at all before TI.

Dave
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Yeah, I didn't like Boundin' at all when I saw it in theaters. It's grown on me, though. I still wouldn't call it one of my favorites, but it's endearing.

One Man Band is a great short. Although it's kind of funny that two "French-ish" pieces (One Man Band and the Ratatouille teaser) play right before a hillbilly movie about Cars.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I like the ending to one man band, its way funny.
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

*thread merged*

yay! cars comes out on DVD tommorrow! I really want to get it do you?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*expresses apathy towards this matter*
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I'm probably going to get it. You know you gotta love the guys at Pixar. Can you almost see their expense reports for when they were working on the movie to pass off for research purposes.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I haven't seen it but I plan on renting it tomorrow. \:D/

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I saw Cars when it was in theaters, and I loved it! \:D/ I'm not sure if I'll buy the DVD, but I'll definitely rent it...I really want to watch it again!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I didn't see it theatres either, but my little cousin loved the movie and his parents will probably get it for him pretty soon so maybe I'll watch at Thanksgiving over at their house :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I reserved a copy at the Disney store the same day I reserved The Little Mermaid, so I'm picking it up tomorrow!!!! =D> \:D/ :D
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I'm a geek for bonus features, so I'm a little hesitant to buy this single disc release knowing that a 2-Disc set will probably be coming out eventually. But I am a fan of Pixar, and I enjoyed the movie, so I'll most likely get this sometime. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. :)
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I'll probably Rent it soon
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image