Cars Movie

New Pixar Movie opens today

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

jasodia wrote:[If we go to the theaters we'll probably see Over The Hedge instead of Cars anyway.
Scratch that. We saw Cars and it was hilarious! My favorite character was Guido :D

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Trinarius wrote:Another thing that bothered me was that there were some moments when some unnecessary language was either implied or spoken.
I will second that. The characters say "hell" and "idiot"... then there's the joke about the "Piston Cup", where a character says: "he did what on his cup?" Just a bit much for a G-rated Pixar.

But do go see it once!

-king shasta
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I saw it! It wasn't Pixar's best, but still a really good movie!
shasta wrote: then there's the joke about the "Piston Cup", where a character says: "he did what on his cup?"
HA!!!! That was like the best joke!!!!!! Everyone I went with thought so anyway. It's a little crude yes, but it was pretty stinkin' funny!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yay! Great movie! The part where Mator was driving backwards and the part at the end where he found his hood but dropped it into a canyon! And the guy I can't remember his name who was based on Darrel Waltrip was funny. Did you notice that during the part where Mack was driving you could see a telephone wire with a bunch of birds on it? (from For the Birds) And also after the credits the thing with all those movies was funny. THe Mike was so weird, and it was funny how Mack was pointing out all the people who were also played by his actor (John Ratzenberger). That pitstop by guido was really fast!

When is the DVD coming out?!?!? *can't wait*
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I saw it and I loved it. I'm planning on seeing this one again.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I'm tired of the previews for it, that's for sure. A movie with cars as the main characters really doesn't interest me. I think we might rent it, but I don't feel like spending money on it. For me, same thing with the movie Click, I am really really tired of seeing the previews for them and I definately don't want to see the movie after I've seen the previews 20+ times.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Pepper Doyle wrote:I'm tired of the previews for it, that's for sure. A movie with cars as the main characters really doesn't interest me. I think we might rent it, but I don't feel like spending money on it. For me, same thing with the movie Click, I am really really tired of seeing the previews for them and I definately don't want to see the movie after I've seen the previews 20+ times.
I've seen nine different previews probably 30+ total. :anxious:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I just saw Cars today. Thought it was cute.
map
Found

Post by map »

I went to see it on Sat. It was really a great movie. Nothing bad in it. I like that fact that you can still go to a good wholesome movie that teaches good values.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

map wrote:I went to see it on Sat. It was really a great movie. Nothing bad in it. I like that fact that you can still go to a good wholesome movie that teaches good values.
Kinda like Big Idea.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

ive seen it twice already i like it its very funny! =D> :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

By the way,
In NASCAR, the way they figure out who will be the champion is by using the points system, in which they would NEVER have a tie.
And also,
If you crashed people on purpose just to win (like that green guy), you would be black flagged and get a penalty.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

oh details details! ;) !
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Did you Guys see the preview for the new pixar movie Ratatouille it comes out next summer http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/ratatouille/

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Yeah, looks good. It's another copy though. Dreamworks is releasing Flushed Away, so Pixar has to compete with that one. Though I think you oughta've started a new thread for this subject. Seeing as it is :offtopic:

:EDIT: I want to see Ratatoullie more, but my bro wants to see Flushed Away more.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I REALLY wanted (and still want) to see it (Cars) in theaters. But my mom and little bro went last week while I was away!!! :( Hopefully I can somehow go. I don't know of anyone who'd want to go with me, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Arwen wrote:I REALLY wanted (and still want) to see it (Cars) in theaters. But my mom and little bro went last week while I was away!!! :( Hopefully I can somehow go. I don't know of anyone who'd want to go with me, though.
me!
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Arwen wrote:I REALLY wanted (and still want) to see it (Cars) in theaters. But my mom and little bro went last week while I was away!!! :( Hopefully I can somehow go. I don't know of anyone who'd want to go with me, though.
Yeah, it is alot better to go to the movies with friends. I know the feeling.
Amraam
Not as new

Post by Amraam »

The same thing happened to me! I was away and my family went to go see cars without me. :(

I did go see later though. I liked it, but I think The Incredibles was better.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Cars was super good. I liked it better than Monsters inc. And I got the soundtrack a couple of days ago. \:D/
though I might have said that before :-k I'm not sure

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...