I just watched The Princess Bride!

Watching it when I was a baby doesn't count!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I just watched The Princess Bride!

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

We watched the Princess Bride earlier today! Very interesting movie. :) I kept thinking of Darcy and Catspaw and everyone else who's ever had a Princess Bride avatar/signature. :D I watched it when I was a baby , but I don't remember it, of course! I also noticed lots of funny AIO winks (I'm assuming AIO was winking at TPB, rather than the other way around!)

"My Regis will come for me..."

:rofl:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Good for you! That is an awesome movie! I set that movie up for my little sisters just last night.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Yay for you! \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I still haven't seen it. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Way to go, Rachael! \:D/ I'm glad that you liked it! I saw it for the first time a few years ago, and I felt like I was practically the last person on the planet to do so. Good to hear that wasn't quite true. ;) I should have somebody make me another PB set sometime!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

When my friend gets married in October we're doing two run throughs. The first run through is so we can make fun of it and get it out of our system. Her pastor has said he's going to imitate the priest from the Princess Bride.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

dawningoftime wrote:When my friend gets married in October we're doing two run throughs. The first run through is so we can make fun of it and get it out of our system. Her pastor has said he's going to imitate the priest from the Princess Bride.
I want to do something like that for my rehearsal!!! \:D/
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

The Top Crusader wrote:
dawningoftime wrote:When my friend gets married in October we're doing two run throughs. The first run through is so we can make fun of it and get it out of our system. Her pastor has said he's going to imitate the priest from the Princess Bride.
But will Jessica? ;)

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yay!!! \:D/
For about the last 3 weeks, the child has been calling me "Buttercup" and insisting on having others caller her "Westley." Not all the time, but often enough ... she's quite silly. But it helps her now when we say "pirates aren't afraid of (noise from garage doors, the dark...)"
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
But will Jessica? ;)

-Cowboy
Well, she has enough of a good sense of humor to put up with him, so I'd guess she'd enjoy/allow that too! ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I haven't watched it in a very very long time. So I should. I should use that movie as our Girl's Night movie!!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

:hilarious: So, you plan on having The Impressive Clergyman perform your wedding, Top? Now I've really got to convince you two to let me come! ;)

Awww... Darcy, your little girl sounds so cute! When she asks you to make her a PB&J sandwich, do you say, "As you wish"? And did you let her watch the torture scene? I thought that was kind of intense...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, I don't specifically mean Princess Bride related... I just want a weird version of the wedding... Hulk Hogan and such! \:D/
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

rofl! Just invite a couple of us ToOers...
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday..." :D

I love that movie! Unfortunatly we lost our copy awhile ago.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

This is my former youth pastor's favourite movie. It was actually a get together at his house where I first saw it.
map
Found

Post by map »

it is a great movie. I still have a dvd copy of it. I haven't watched it for awhile, but I'll have to dust it off and watch it again. It's a classic that can withstand the test of time.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well, I don't specifically mean Princess Bride related... I just want a weird version of the wedding... Hulk Hogan and such! \:D/
INVITE ME!!! I want to dress up as a pirate wench!!! :D

Arrrr! Grog for the bride wench! *slaps bottom with sword*

Racheal, I love that movie! Hey, if we can get together, we'll need a girls movie night. Just the GIRLS! The boys can go away. XD
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I still haven't seen it. :(
Ditto. It sounds like a funny movie, though...perhaps next time I'm looking for something to watch (that happens quite infrequently, though).
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I still haven't seen it, but one of the guys at the SAT prep course I was at today used a line from it was the opener to his timed essay. (Something about left hands. ;) )

-Cowboy

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ah, he isn't left-handed either, I see. ;)

So...go see the movie so that you understand the comment! :x