Get Smart

the old seasons

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Whats you're fav season?

No votes
11%
No votes
11%
No votes
All of them of course!
56%
None of them!
22%

Total votes: 9

Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Get Smart

Post by Agent 86 »

Discuss
Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc
Last edited by Agent 86 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Um, a new season 50 years later.... that would be terrible.

I love all of the seasons. I think maybe 4 or 5 is the best.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

well yeah just thought oh man that was 50 years :oops:
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Get Smart is my favorite old tv show. :lol:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I think my favorite episode is where random people are being killed off and there's this private investigator, or something... I need to watch it again. It's hilarious.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

theres one where they're kidnapping 7 blondes from this hotel and Max finally gets to the evil guys lair
and he has a iron hand the evil guy says "I guess you can tell what they call me." and Max says "Lefty?" and the evil guy says "No they call me The Claw." and Max says "The Kraw?" and the evil guy says No not The Kraw, The Claw! (althouh it really sounds like he says Kraw again :yes: )"
and when he gets to his lair he looks in the keyhole and sees a house in it he looks again with the same results a house in it
he opens the door and there a painting of a house and he says "Of course the old house painting in the keyhole trick."
me and my dad who also laughs at get smart were just cracking up at a bunch of the get smarts :yes:
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Get Smart is literally my favorite show of all time.

There was a sixth season that aired on Fox in 1995 that was only I think 6 episodes long and was TERRIBLE. So... no, there shouldn't be a 6th season. ;)

But yes, since Don Adams and Edward Platt have passed away, I don't think Barbara Feldon can carry the show on her own.

There is a film series, at least.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The Top Crusader wrote:There was a sixth season that aired on Fox in 1995 that was only I think 6 episodes long and was TERRIBLE. So... no, there shouldn't be a 6th season. ;)
"Missed it by *that* much."
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

The Top Crusader wrote: There is a film series, at least.
To bad the movie wasn't even that good. :p
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It was fine, but probably not good enough to have a sequel. Had some nice homages to the series but definitely wasn't perfect. I enjoyed it for what it was, though.

Get Smart Again, the made for TV movie from like... 1988 or 1989 or something was a decent enough conclusion to the TV series. The Nude Bomb movie, lol, wasn't that great.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Termite wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:There was a sixth season that aired on Fox in 1995 that was only I think 6 episodes long and was TERRIBLE. So... no, there shouldn't be a 6th season. ;)
Uggh, I watched the whole thing. Felt like throwing up. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Taps wrote:
Termite wrote:
At least its short... ;)

I watched it when it first aired, and got the DVD recently from Amazon, but I haven't been able to convince myself to watch it again. The show mainly featured Max and 99's son (played by Andy Dick, *sigh*), with Max as the new Chief and 99 with him in only smaller supporting roles... but the DVD cover mainly features Max and 99 with like a little circle with Andy Dick in it, lol. I've actually not even bothered to purchase Maxwell Smart and the Nude Bomb, because it really is terrible and somewhat out of character... although I did recently rewatch it on Netflix Instant just to make sure it was as bad as I remember... it did make me chuckle a few times but its pretty bad. I think Get Smart, Again is also on Instant. I do recommend that one to fans of the show. It's not astoundingly awesome but its the best followup thus far. Even better than the ads about diabetes that Max and Siegfried were in in the 90's.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Taps wrote:
Termite wrote:
At least its short... ;)

I watched it when it first aired, and got the DVD recently from Amazon, but I haven't been able to convince myself to watch it again. The show mainly featured Max and 99's son (played by Andy Dick, *sigh*), with Max as the new Chief and 99 with him in only smaller supporting roles... but the DVD cover mainly features Max and 99 with like a little circle with Andy Dick in it, lol. I've actually not even bothered to purchase Maxwell Smart and the Nude Bomb, because it really is terrible and somewhat out of character... although I did recently rewatch it on Netflix Instant just to make sure it was as bad as I remember... it did make me chuckle a few times but its pretty bad. I think Get Smart, Again is also on Instant. I do recommend that one to fans of the show. It's not astoundingly awesome but its the best followup thus far. Even better than the ads about diabetes that Max and Siegfried were in in the 90's.
Although, the ONE funny moment in Get Smart Season 6 is this:

(Singing) Theres a man chief- right behind you- and he's trying- to take your life (singing)

Max: That's not how the song goes! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

When Don Adams (Max) died, I changed all the admin's names on the Town Hall to Get Smart related names and Jared Walczak got annoyed at me. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:When Don Adams (Max) died, I changed all the admin's names on the Town Hall to Get Smart related names and Jared Walczak got annoyed at me. \:D/
At some point in TH history (or was it on the ToO?) you changed my name to Shoe Phone, with an avatar to match. \:D/ Good times. Maybe it was during your first term as mayor? I had no idea what Get Smart was, which added to the fun. ;)

I have seen the movie with Steve Carrell and liked it, but I've never seen the old show. My parents remember watching it back in the day. I should try to find a season to see what I think, since I do like a bunch of older shows.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Eh, that might have been during the TH name changes. They probably extended beyond the admins. \:D/
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:Get Smart Again, the made for TV movie from like... 1988 or 1989 or something was a decent enough conclusion to the TV series.
You know, I'd been wondering about that, if there was a proper conclusion to the series. (1995 revival notwithstanding. I've heard strange things about the episode where Siegfried returns.) Thanks for mentioning it.
Last edited by Caswin on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah. If you don't have access to Netflix Instant or it isn't on there any more, Amazon has a few listings of it, this one looks to be the cheapest at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/Get-Smart-Again-D ... 814&sr=8-3

And while I'm on Amazon, the revival TV series: http://www.amazon.com/Get-Smart-The-Com ... 814&sr=8-5 LOL at the little Andy Dick circle.

And again, while I'm here, the infamous Nude Bomb: http://www.amazon.com/The-Nude-Bomb-Don ... 962&sr=1-1

I think that one was trying to be a bit of a James Bond spoof. Content wise, there is more womanizing and blue humor (nothing terrible, but compared to your average Get Smart). Continuity wise, while it stars Don Adams as Maxwell Smart its apparently a parallel version of him. ;) I think maybe Larabee was randomly around but otherwise not a single cast member returned. New chief (although Platt may have died by then), no 99 at all, no familiar villains. Max's marriage to 99 isn't even mentioned. Really strange film.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

maybe 99 could find out about the chief's and Max's death and 99 goes to try and kill the ppl who killed Max but then the chief says "99, 99 we are right here." she turns around and sees Steve Carrell behind her and then Steve Carrell starts talking like Siegfried \:D/
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah they could just say Don Adams Maxwell Smart had plastic surgery to hide his identity and now looks like Steve Carrell Maxwell Smart! \:D/

I made an awesome trailer for Maxwell Smart Fights Back from the Grave but Youtube took it down, lol. :(