Judge Moody!!! (That means sue anybody, except the judge)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It is not a matter of him being biased. It's a matter of him not taking it seriously. If we are going to have a legitimate court, then I am in favor of it by all means. There has not been one serious case here. I hereby propose we hold an election for a 3 month period for Judge of The ToO. Cases would be presented to him/her and the frivolous ones thrown out.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but it’s overkill. First, while this is the only functioning court currently on the ToO, thereby giving it some level of official status, that doesn’t mean it must be conducted in an overly serious way. You say there haven’t been serious cases. Perhaps not, but the way they were handled was serious, which is what matters if you’re trying to make a case that the judge doesn’t take them seriously.

If people want to bring silly cases in, they have every right to do so. And regardless of the subject matter, they will be deliberated on fairly and seriously. In the event of some overly ridiculous suit that is obviously a waste of time then I’m sure they would be thrown out.
You must note that there has only been one case tried in this court since the reorganization that was implemented to provide structure and a bit more seriousness.
Since that time, I don’t believe a frivolous case has come up. So there’s no way to say that Judge Moody wouldn’t throw it out.
Unless the point you’re trying to make is that the case between you and WW is frivolous.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I believe that having a second judge would be a good idea. So then the suing and the being sued could decide which judge they would prefer. I would like to volunteer myself for the job. I am unbiased(normally) and I believe in finding the truth.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think that’s really making this more complicated than it needs to be. No one else has complained about the procedure or fairness of the court as it stands.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Don't judges usually have to be nominated? I don't think they can volunteer. Then again, Parker Family did...
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If people would stop making such a fuss we probably would have been finished with the docket by now with no problems. >_>
The court has functioned adequately to this point, I see no reason to assume it will not continue to do so. In the event that it doesn’t we can address concerns then, but we shouldn’t try to address nonexistent problems now.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Addressing nonexistent problems can be done in the appeals court.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If the problem is nonexistent what is there to appeal? :-k
The appeals court would be for after a problem arises if you think something unfairly affected a verdict.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Our case has been settled out of court.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The suit will be dropped from the docket upon confirmation from WW.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I confirm.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The next suit on the docket is Case 18: Jehoshaphat vs Monty on the following grounds:
Jehoshaphat wrote:I would like to sue Monty for not paying me for becoming part of his family and for posting in his "I have an announcement" thread and also not paying me when I called him out on his bet.
However, I believe this matter has been resolved by the mediation of Catspaw. Is that correct Jehoshaphat?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Actually, Monty did not give any bets..
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

The bet has been settled but not paying me for the "I Have an Announcement" thread has not. Besides the bet was against WW, not Monty I messed that up because they were both admins at the time I filed my case.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I would like to countersue, if possible, on the grounds of slander and defamation. Jehoshaphat publicly lied about me and implied that I do not keep my word when I make bets.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I was confused and I now apologize for any thing that I any have done to slander or defame you.
My online family
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Monty may now choose whether to continue to sue or accept the apology at his own discretion.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

To clarify, Monty may now file a countersuit if he rejects the apology, and if he does so that will be brought before the court first, since it was a result of the previous suit even though that suit has been dropped. After any countersuits are resolved, the correct suit, the one against WW, will be placed on the docket.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

No I am suing Monty for not paying me here or here
My online family
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, you’re saying the bet with WW was the one Catspaw took care of?
So your suit against Monty would stand. My mistake.
In that case Monty must hold off on filing a countersuit until we get the verdict of this one.

The next suit on the docket is Case 18: Jehoshaphat vs Monty on the following grounds:
Jehoshaphat wrote:I am suing Monty for not paying me here or here
If Jehoshaphat does not wish to represent himself, please pm the prosecuting attorney.
If Monty does not wish to represent himself, please pm the defense attorney.

Your court date is set for the 31st of May. At that time the court will convene at the directive of Judge Moody. Until then please prepare your cases with your legal counsels via private message, if you chose to use them.