Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK
It’s my birthday

Post by EK »

Boo. Hockey. Silly Canadians, nobody cares. :noway:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well I’ll get the next game since the Devils won, but I will most likely miss it because I’m busy Saturday, so to see the end it would require another loss to force another game, and since I’m rooting for the Kings that’s counterintuitive. I think I just want them to go ahead and win it. They aren’t really a team of mine, so I don’t really need to see it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EK wrote:Boo. Hockey. Silly Canadians, nobody cares. :noway:
Boo. Basketball. Silly Americans, nobody cares. :noway:

:neener:

I'd be careful next April Fools Day if I were you, EK. Laura likes hockey, and from what Dr. Watson has told us, she's vicious! :mad:
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

Catspaw wrote:
EK wrote:Boo. Hockey. Silly Canadians, nobody cares. :noway:
Boo. Basketball. Silly Americans, nobody cares. :noway:

:neener:

I'd be careful next April Fools Day if I were you, EK. Laura likes hockey, and from what Dr. Watson has told us, she's vicious! :mad:

Oh my goodness you did NOT just say that to me in the state of INDIANA. The heart of Basketball. :x I am :sick: of you. lol There will
be a :duel: Prepare to die! Look behind you! gotcha
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK
It’s my birthday

Post by EK »

Haha. Indiana. Granger got LeBrOWNED!
Last edited by EK on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wow. History could have been made Saturday as I’ll Have Another was set to attempt to win the first Triple Crown in 34 years, but breaking news is out that he’s been scratched from the Belmont Stakes because of a swollen tendon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ABC News sent me this breaking news:

"I'll Have Another Pulls Out of Belmont, Trainer Says [12:06 p.m. ET]"

And I was like whaaaaat does that mean? "I'll Have Another" is a silly name for a horse, but ABC didn't have to confuse us even more by capitalization all the other words! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK
It’s my birthday

Post by EK »

Did anyone see LeBrons historic performance last night? 45, 15 and 5?!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That was... :huh: Really? Truly? WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING? Dale Sveum brings the left fielder in and sticks him right on top of second. He then proceeds to bring the infielders in, in the bottom of the 10th. Runners on first and third. With one out. First off why not just go for a normal double play. Second if you are going to bring a fifth guy in cover as much ground as possible. You still should be able to turn two if you have guys on the lines and up the middle. Third off with one out a ball hit to center field would require one of the fielders to move a considerable distance and eliminate most chance of getting the runner out on a sac fly. Given all this why stick a guy on top of second? If the third baseman had been back a few steps, or closer to the line he could have stopped it and potentially taken the ball. And likely taken the game to the eleventh. Instead, Twins win, 8-7. This is the state of the Cubs franchise.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Let's go Heat tonight. \:D/
Knight Fisher wrote:That was... :huh: Really? Truly? WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING? Dale Sveum brings the left fielder in and sticks him right on top of second. He then proceeds to bring the infielders in, in the bottom of the 10th. Runners on first and third. With one out. First off why not just go for a normal double play. Second if you are going to bring a fifth guy in cover as much ground as possible. You still should be able to turn two if you have guys on the lines and up the middle. Third off with one out a ball hit to center field would require one of the fielders to move a considerable distance and eliminate most chance of getting the runner out on a sac fly. Given all this why stick a guy on top of second? If the third baseman had been back a few steps, or closer to the line he could have stopped it and potentially taken the ball. And likely taken the game to the eleventh. Instead, Twins win, 8-7. This is the state of the Cubs franchise.
DUDE, watch the Tigers vs. Reds recap from last night. The Tigers were in nearly the same scenario (bottom of 10th, tied, guy on first and third, one out) and the Reds scored on an infield bunt.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yikes. Why is Prince back so far? He knows what is coming.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK
It’s my birthday

Post by EK »

It still doesn't beat that choke that the rangers had in the last game of the world series. >_>

But yay, LeBreezy! \:D/ Who's watching the game tonight?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Watching the Kings/Devils Stanley Cup game, you mean?!?!? \:D/ I am! O:) Right this very minute, in fact. Go Kings! \:D/

And on the tennis front, go Nadal tomorrow morning in the French Open final. I'm recording it to watch after we get home from church...Rafa had better win. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm watching the basketball game!
Laura Ingalls wrote:And on the tennis front, go Nadal tomorrow morning in the French Open final. I'm recording it to watch after we get home from church...Rafa had better win. :P
I'll send you an email at like 2pm tomorrow, and it may or may not have something to do with the tennis match results. \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

You had better not. :noway:

My mom gets breaking news updates on her phone, and she's already said she's not even looking at any emails to avoid spoiling the outcome. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK
It’s my birthday

Post by EK »

So it's Heat vs Thunder in the finals, this is Pretty obvious who's going to win, I think you guys already know, I shouldn't have to say it. :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Commas: the new periods. :-

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EK wrote:So it's Heat vs Thunder in the finals, this is Pretty obvious who's going to win, I think you guys already know, I shouldn't have to say it. :noway:
Yeah, the Heat really don't have much of a chance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:
EK wrote:So it's Heat vs Thunder in the finals, this is Pretty obvious who's going to win, I think you guys already know, I shouldn't have to say it. :noway:
Either you cannot see beyond your own bias or you have a very subtle sense of humor. I suspect the former.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

American Eagle wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Either you cannot see beyond your own bias or you have a very subtle sense of humor. I suspect the former.
Personally I think the latter. I would be flat out dumb if I didn't think "they had a chance". In fact I'm over 68% thinking they'll win. That doesn't mean I wont make these remarks, so I can take the opportunity to rub it in if they lose though. \:D/

And as to the "Delusional Bulls Fan" thing I'm not. They wont be a real contender for a while now.