So is Whit no longer a WWII veteran?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

So is Whit no longer a WWII veteran?

Post by The Top Crusader »

I listened to the podcast the other day and they said Whit is in his mid to late 60's... >_> So he like... wouldn't have been born or would have been a baby during WWII.

When is the last time they specifically mentioned him being in WWII?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Rescue from Manatugo Point and Operation DigOut (FromMission Accomplished) are the 2 specific episodes that talk about whit being in the navy in WW2 he probably mentions something about being in the Navy in later episodes later, but if you're really concerned Top you can just go with he found the fountain of youth in Israel ;)
Last edited by Graces4you on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I believe that the general fanon concesus that has been held is that he was born around 1922, making him 90 this year on October 1st. Eventually, they will have to kill off Whit, he can't live past 120.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

Or Whit got sucked into the Connie time warp, along with Eugene and Katrina and Jason and several others. Also someone who fought in a war can not suddenly become not a veteran, if someone fought in a war they will always be a veteran.

Officer David Harley
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Or Whit just died a second time and regenerated into a 60's him.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

DanP740 wrote:Or Whit just died a second time and regenerated into a 60's him.
Since Whit is an inventor, I'm sure he'll eventually come up with some kind of health food diet that helps him live past 100. They say that the first man to live to 150 has already been born, and although Chris Traeger believes he's that human being, I believe it's Whit. At that rate, Whit has sixty more years to live, and since the past two actors played him for the last twenty years, we could have to six different Whit incarnations until he finally goes to be with the Lord.

But I've always thought like Dan...the Whit right now is Whit from the '60s when his voice wasn't right to the grandfatherly, warm tone he's had for the past twenty years. One of his mad science experiments led the Imagination Station to turn into an actual time machine and go back...to his past self in the present. The IS has conveniently altered any reference to the present to the "60s" and his mind has been altered to think that iPods and CDs and computers exist in the '60s. That's why he's not as wise yet...'cause he's himself from the past.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

With the reboot of the show a lot (if not all) of the history we know about the characters will either change or be forgotten by the powers that be. While it should not happen it looks (to me anyway) that it is happening here.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Can't we just say that Whit is a Time Lord? Hal, Paul and Andre have been his first 3 incarnations, and Whit puts the IS in TARDIS!

(Also, that's why he loves everyone so much; he's got 2 hearts!)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

That's what I said. And I meant 60's in age, not decade.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Can't we just say that Whit is a Time Lord? Hal, Paul and Andre have been his first 3 incarnations, and Whit puts the IS in TARDIS!

My new favorite AIO theory. \:D/ Let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Professor Yana. :( That would be depressing, to say the least.
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Eventually, they will have to kill off Whit, he can't live past 120.
"Whit is timeless" -- Paul McCusker
In my opinion, Whit dies with the show. I don't think they can continue it without Whit. He's the central character, and when and if the central character dies in an entertainment program it is usually the end of said entertainment program. If he died I would be unable to continue the show.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Can't we just say that Whit is a Time Lord? Hal, Paul and Andre have been his first 3 incarnations, and Whit puts the IS in TARDIS!

My new favorite AIO theory. \:D/ Let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Professor Yana. :( That would be depressing, to say the least.
I approve of this theory as well \:D/ but yeah, I really wouldn't want him to be like Professor Yana; that was sad, he used to be nice...

Till the end of the line.
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Odyssey is both a geographical and time oddity. We just have to accept this fact and move on.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Vic wrote:Odyssey is both a geographical and time oddity. We just have to accept this fact and move on.
Odyssey is the center of the universe, and as such, just like a black hole at the centre of a galaxy, all of space-time is bent out of shape around this singular point: the bell above the front door of Whit's End.

Or all of Whit's Time-Lording has made space-time in Odyssey all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Vic wrote:Odyssey is both a geographical and time oddity. We just have to accept this fact and move on.
Odyssey is the center of the universe, and as such, just like a black hole at the centre of a galaxy, all of space-time is bent out of shape around this singular point: the bell above the front door of Whit's End.

Or all of Whit's Time-Lording has made space-time in Odyssey all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.
You know, as crazy as that sounds, it's the theory that makes the best sense.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I bet the Imagination Station is actually a TARDIS. :shock:
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade
Location: Running after the reckless protagonist of "Shattering the Dark."

Post by Mockingbird »

Vic wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:

* grins * I now love this theory.

@ Amethystic: Of course it is!!! ;)
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Thanks to snubs for the awesome siggy! ^^;;
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Amethystic wrote:I bet the Imagination Station is actually a TARDIS. :shock:
The original did somewhat resemble the TARDIS, being made from an old phone booth and all...

This is the best theory IN THE WORLD.
\:D/ :mrgreen: :D
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I suggested this theory about a year ago, but my sister (an ardent Whovian) condemned me as a heretic. :(
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Mockingbird wrote:
Vic wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:

* grins * I now love this theory.

@ Amethystic: Of course it is!!! ;)
Haha, and this coming from me, who has never actually seen Dr. Who! Also, the Imagination Station is completely the TARDIS. Not just because the original looked like the TARDIS, but because you can't spell TARDIS without IS!