April Fool's Day

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
April Fool's Day

Post by Catspaw »

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! Does anybody have any plans to play tricks on their friends or family? If you have a funny related story, we want to hear it! (I'm hoping desparately that my brother hasn't been spending his day plotting nasty things for me when I get home!)

As a sidenote, I love the episode I Slap Floor! (Is it possible to go offtopic when introducing your own topic?) :-k
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I loved I Slap Floor! I didn't really play any jokes or anything today, I was too tired after just coming back from my trip to the States, but my little siblings did tell little jokes (such as "Look! There's monsters killing you!") :roll:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I havn't yet.. ;)
Last edited by J-man on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

That episode is classic!

By the way, I'm 8 feet tall!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I Love 'I slap floor' too!

I safety pinned a bunch of kitchen towels together so when my mom went to get one, she would get five!

I also, flipped a battery in the tv remote and it doesn't work!

I did and few others too!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Last year, my sister did a great April Fool's joke. She cut a hole in the bottom of a small container and inserted her finger through the hole. Then she put a wads of cotton around her finger and squirted ketchup around the base of it. It looked like a cut-off finger inside a little box!

She went to my mom and said, "Mother, I found this little box in the back of my dresser drawer!" Then she pulled off the cover of the box! :lol: :lol: She fooled both my mom and my dad with that one!

Cheerio
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I don't plan to do anything this year. However, I think Google is doing one. http://www.google.com/googlegulp/. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

I Slap Floor was a great ep. Especially the first time.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That Google Gulp thing is great! That is so funny! It's amazing how much time and effort is put into jokes!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have not played any tricks and I probably won't.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I don't think my family has ever done april fools jokes. I don't plan on doing anything.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

On April 1st in fifth grade, the teacher made the mistake of leaving the room. I moved rapidly towards the computer. Next thing you know, the mouse ball is taped, the keyboard is unplugged, and I am back in my seat. Hilarity ensued.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

LOL these are funny jokes ive never played one
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Heh, I haven't done any pranks... yet, that is.

I probably will end up not doing one, but I like to think that I am going to. ](*,)

I slap floor, is one of my favorite episodes. I just recently listened to it, maybe last week. I think at least. I'll have to listen to it today.

When I first heard it on the radio, I thought they were serious. Until my sister and brother pointed out immediately, at the end, what "i slap floor" really was. XD

Sarah

Okay, really, I'm done!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

in I slap Floor what threw me off was that the announcer said that it didn't mean april fools..
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

My family doesn't normally participate in April Fool's but I try to be on my guard during the day especially when around non-family members. ;)
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

my dads a teacher so he fooled his kids quite alot of times. as for me I allmost forgot it was april fools.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Catspaw wrote:That Google Gulp thing is great! That is so funny! It's amazing how much time and effort is put into jokes!
Hmmm, I didn't realize until now that it was a joke. :D I thought: boy that's really dumb...will probably sell just like the Dilberitos. Hehe.

I didn't plan some big thing on FBI, waah. Didn't do anything last year either. Ol' Shadow did, but I didn't. (Maybe because I was then just an immature, naive little webmaster)

(So far I've gathered that the length of your post determines how much money you earn, right? This forum is confusing.)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:(So far I've gathered that the length of your post determines how much money you earn, right? This forum is confusing.)
You can find the info here. Hope that helps! :)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

For the 5th year in a row I used my favorite quote adaptation for my April fool's prank

Chris: "Hi this is Chris and on today's adventure in Odyssey we're going to learn about..."
Dave: "Sorry to interrupt Chis."
Chris: "What's wrong Dave?"
Dave: "Well I was just wondering if you were still driving that blue, formerly in mint condition Datsun."
Chris: "Formerly in mint condition?!?!"
Dave: "Well you know I think once the tail light is broke it couldn't really be called mint anymore.......maybe an off mint."
Chris: "What!?! My tail light is broke?"
Dave: "Yeah. I think it broke when the rear right finder bent left."
Chris: "You're kidding me. What would make my rear right finder bend left?"
Dave: "Uh, probably the telephone poll you parked next to. See when your car hit the telephone poll it pushed your rear right finder to the left and broke your tail light."
Chris: "Dave. Why did my car hit a telephone poll?"
Dave: "Well do you remember that red formerly in mint condition Dodge I was driving?"
Chris: "Dave you should be thankful for today's Adventure in Odyssey."
Dave: "Oh really, why?"
Chris: "IT'S ABOUT MERCY"
Dave: "Oh."

The first time when I was 18, I played this on my bro, but actually was talking about a guitar rather than a car...............it worked soo good that it's been my trademark prank every year...........so if any of you out there meet up with me and I start asking if you still drive a ______ formerly in mint condition ________, first check the calendar and make sure it's not April 1st (even though I've been known to do it on other days too) before you go into a full-blown panaic.

Peace Out

-Gimp
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

this is funny
You can pick up your own supply of this "limited release" product simply by turning in a used Gulp Cap at your local grocery store. How to get a Gulp Cap? Well, if you know someone who's already been "gulped," they can give you one. And if you don't know anyone who can give you one, don't worry – that just means you aren't cool. But very, very (very!) soon, you will be.