Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post Post subject: Re: Mafia Round Nine
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
*Le post for Woody*

A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,134.66
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
Thank you, ~JCGJ~, I'll be sure to donate some flowers for your funeral.

And yes, that does mean that ~JCGJ~ died last night. :(

~JCGJ~ got home late that night. He stopped at his mailbox to pick up his mail. He found several advertisements, a few bills, a letter or two, and a package with no return address. He went inside, carrying his mail. Once inside, he sat down and opened the package. The first thing he saw when he opened the box was a display reading: 00:05. Then he noticed several wires, and realized that it was a bomb. But it was too late. The bomb exploded, and the Medic died.

So, the Mafia, bookworm and Arkán Dreamwalker(the Godfather) killed Sunshine the Sheriff(that kind of has a ring to it, doesn't it? "Sunshine the Sheriff")

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 877.84
Bank: 55,000.00
Good game everyone, that was a really close one. We had it clinched though at the end, as long as we kept ensuring a tie during the day. Eventually we’d get the right night kill. Turned out to be the first try. :cool:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm 
I am :mrgreen:

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
Excellent job.

I must say, this was probably round I've played.

I wish every round was like this...

However, I did make a big mistake in stating my role too early (because I didn't realize there were two Mafia...), but it was deffinately an excellent game.

Congratulations to Bookworm and Arkán! You both played well.

And great job Sunny! You did well too.

A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 1,256.36
Bank: 0.00
Good job, everyone! Mafia, you did a great job, though it was pretty evident in the end who was Mafia. ;)

Bookworm, I loved getting to see you play as the Mafia. I was honored that you and Arkán chose to take me out first, though not very pleased about it. You showed a side of yourself that was very interesting for me as a bystander.

Sunshine, I got to see you grow this game, which was a real joy. I am so glad you're taking an interest in the logic and gameplay behind Mafia!

*Insert shameless plug*

Go here to get really cheap real life stuff! Do it now! Now being sold is an AIO Live disc set.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 am 
The Council must persist
Stars are only visible in darkness

Cash: 435.06
Bank: 0.00
Takes the credit for bring in Joy Now why is it that if I say some is guilt he is and no one listens

Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:41 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Like with the last Round, I feel like I have to make an ‘out of character’ post after everything has ended since I happened to be Mafia again because I fear everything I said this Round will be immediately dismissed simply because of my role.

Like I said last time, just because I randomly happened to be Mafia doesn’t mean everything I said this game was deceptive and should be thrown out. My main points were independent of side and should be kept in mind for the good of the Town in future games.
Most specifically, the two points I made in this post and the defense of myself in this post.

I’m sure the points about me will be scoffed at by most people because they think I was just saying that because I was Mafia and wanting to stay alive, but I honestly wasn’t. It applies regardless of what side I’m on; as I said I’m not attempting to set myself up with immunity, I’m just repeating what others have said and applying common sense to it.
I’m saying this as myself now, the game is over, I’m not Mafia or Town. I’m laying this out between Rounds so it might be legitimately considered and understood since it never seems to be when it’s said during a game, most likely because no one knows what to trust and what is rhetoric.

I have never asked for anyone to place blind trust in me. It would be pretty cool for me if that happened because I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to constantly prove my innocence, but I don’t want that. I respect the integrity of these games too much. I do not want people to think ‘bookworm is a good player, I should never suspect him because he’s good’ that is totally wrong. No one is above suspicion in these. What I do want is for people to understand the difference between suspicion and the benefit of the doubt.
I can understand why people may be wary to accept this at first because at first look it does seem like I’m either being egotistical or trying to set myself up with a free pass, but I’m really not. In fact, let me represent the situation once more, but this time leave myself out of it and simply use general terms. Maybe that will help make it clearer. Because this applies to anyone who you think is a good player, not just me.

In this scenario, there are four people and yourself left in the game. One of these people is regarded as a very important asset if they are on your side. You don’t know at this time whether they are on your side or not. You have no outstanding indicator one way or the other. Same thing with all the other players, there is nothing to make any one person stand out as the most likely to be guilty. In this situation, because there is no reason at this time to think the valuable player is against you, it is most logical to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are with you, voting out one of the other three players and keeping the valuable one around at least one turn longer so that they may be used as the asset they are thought to be, and in the meantime waiting for more evidence to come forward. If future evidence begins pointing to that person, then you begin thinking about voting for them, but if it isn’t then you don’t.

That’s all I’ve been trying to say, and as I keep repeating I don’t understand why it’s a difficult concept to grasp. If it’s because the scenario seems suspect because I’ve been placing myself in it as the valuable player, then forget that. Insert your own valuable player and the situation holds just as true, because it’s not about who the player is, it’s about the most logical way to deal with them.

I have never wanted, nor do I want in the future, a free pass. And I don’t want people to be afraid to suspect or vote for me. If they have an actual reason for doing so. If you have some basis for suspicion, then there is nothing to be afraid about, that’s how the game works! Where the trepidation comes in is when someone doesn’t really have a reason for their vote, they just toss it out there. In those cases the voter is seen as the suspicious one, because they are going against the above stated scenario of logical gameplay.

So that’s that. But even if you’re hesitant to accept that point, much more important is the other point, the one about random voting. That one is absolutely genuine and needs to be understood by people, I did not just say it because I was Mafia and trying to confuse. It was authentic Town-aiding advice.
Casting a random vote does absolutely nothing positive for the Town. Not voting is also generally a negative move, but even that is better than voting randomly, so if you’re ever just totally clueless do that instead.

Once again, I’m just posting this to stress that the side I ended up being on by random chance in this one game has no bearing on whether these insights are trustworthy or not. If the Town is ever going to have a decent chance, people have to be able to grasp these ideas, and others like them, and use them to learn the intricacies of these games and develop and improve their gameplay. Just because I was Mafia this time does not taint my points, so please don’t just dismiss them as smoke and mirrors flimflam.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 1.74
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
Ha ha, Arkán Dreamwalker was the Godfather! Of course we won! With Arkán as leader nothing can go wrong! (That's why I should be Mayor) Being unfamiliar with the players bookworm, (whom I affectionately dubbed "Bookie" {suitable for a Mafia}) was an invaluable asset.

Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
bookworm, (whom I affectionately dubbed "Bookie"
Only snubs can call me that.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm 
Catspaw knows all
The stoic type.

Cash: 1.74
Bank: 5,037.43
Blog: View Blog (1)
I did.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm 
I love the ToO!
To know that God is in control is one thing, but to believe that truth, to stand on that truth, to live by that truth is completely different.

Cash: 43.10
Bank: 800.00
Nice job, bookworm and Arkán! Thanks, Woody, for running this game! And specifically, thanks to Blitz for getting me to play in the first place! \:D/ I really enjoyed playing with everyone. And bookworm, thanks for sharing your wisdom about this game - it's helped a lot. =)

Monty wrote:
Sunshine, I got to see you grow this game, which was a real joy. I am so glad you're taking an interest in the logic and gameplay behind Mafia!

It helps when you have two older siblings who have a lot of experience with games. ;) Thanks to those of you who helped me out with all my questions!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Sunshine wrote:
And bookworm, thanks for sharing your wisdom about this game - it's helped a lot. =)
Thank you for being open to it. I am genuinely excited to watch as you develop your gameplay in the future. You did a truly amazing job for your first attempt, I know you will only improve. :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5