Election Results - Term 23 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Great job to both teams! :yes:
Loney 97
Not as new
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Solar System as We Know It. . .

Post by Loney 97 »

Shennifer wrote:Both teams had a good campaign and platform :) Congrats JPM! \:D/
I know, it was hard to chose between them both. . . :)
Thank you to my SS for the great sig!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't understand the voter turnout. There were 69 people on today (55 registered + 14 hidden), so why only 36 votes? Bookworm, any help here?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My guess regarding the low turn-out is that there were two good teams with a lot of things in common. There are differences, to be sure, but nothing really polarizing, where people feel like they have to vote to stop the other team from doing something drastic. ;) Undecided people could choose not to vote, secure in knowing that either team would do a great job and that neither team intended to do something that a voter really didn't want to see happen. Also, with the timing a little off (totally my fault) a few less people were probably around for the vote. That's my take on it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:I don't understand the voter turnout. There were 69 people on today (55 registered + 14 hidden), so why only 36 votes? Bookworm, any help here?
Not sure what insight you think I can give, I’m just our Historian not our resident mind reader, but I’ll give my best conjecture. (Honestly though, I’m as stumped as you.)

I didn’t catch the list of who all was online, but it’s possible there were some inactiveish people that may not have realized the election was on, and a handful of newer members that may not have realized what it meant. Add to that the people that just didn’t care to participate, whether out of habit or just out of lack of interest in this particular election, and that may account for the low turnout.

Catspaw also has a good point about the strength of both teams. This was, in my opinion, the toughest election in recent memory as far as choosing a team. They were both extremely solid. As she suggests, that tough decision may have caused some people to simply not make a decision at all.

Really though, I have no idea.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Congrats you guys. My precious money to waste #-o \:D/
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/