Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

DanP740 wrote:I am sitting in the Baltimore Airport nearing the end of a three hour wait between flights.
So how did things work out? Too bad you didn't have some Odysseys to listen to.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I actually did have some Odyssey, but we waited until the drive from Charlotte to where we were going, then listened to A Pokenberry Christmas.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I had to make a cake for someone to pick up today...it was a cow cake for a birthday party. It was pretty much a disaster from the beginning - one of the layers of cake stuck to the pan last night, the box was too short so the crumb coat of icing stuck to the box lid and made a big grease spot, I didn't have enough black icing color and had to go to the store this morning, and because of that I was LATE and wasn't finished when the lady just showed up to pick it up! :mad: Ahhh! At least I just had to finish the border, but I got so flummoxed and didn't have time to weigh it and put a label on the box OR take a picture like I usually do for my portfolio. My face was beet red while I was rushing to get it all done. :thud: Plus the kitchen was piled with my dishes and frosting bowls, and wasn't very presentable. Grrrr.

Okay, I'm done venting now! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Laura I'm sure it all ended up being Fine \:D/
My youth minister who is also a baker has made several wedding cakes and this summer she was making a wedding cake for a friend of mine and she didn't start making it till about 10 at night the day before the wedding.

Anyway I'm going to see Les Miserables tonight. I. Am. So. Excited.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Graces4you wrote:Laura I'm sure it all ended up being Fine \:D/
My youth minister who is also a baker has made several wedding cakes and this summer she was making a wedding cake for a friend of mine and she didn't start making it till about 10 at night the day before the wedding.
Does this mean that you're done kissing roses? O:)
Graces4you wrote:Anyway I'm going to see Les Miserables tonight. I. Am. So. Excited.
I am so jealous :p I am waiting for an opportunity to see this film...hopefully it comes soon. Very soon. Please let me know your thoughts after you've seen it! :)
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well the good news is that our smoke detectors work. The bad news? They randomly decided to go off at 9 minute intervals, starting at 5:00 this morning... Not a fun way to wake up
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just returned from family vacation in North Carolina where my grandma lives, and my two uncles and aunt were there as well. That's all I've got on my dad's side, as opposed to my mom's side, where I have 11 cousins, two of which have a total of three kids themselves. In brief, interesting things we did: went to a flag museum, the only one in the country; went to a nearby town so I could meet an internet friend, but were only able to meet her by going to eat at the restaurant she works at, and didn't even really get much chance to talk; and went to Kings Mountain National Military Park where an important Revolutionary War battle was.

Tomorrow I go on another epic random adventure with best friend Dan Boe in the tradition of the last two years. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Last edited by Termite on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

^I love this song. :D Very appropriate :yes: and a cool reminder that God has given us a fresh start - not just today but, always. :D
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Back to school tomorrow!? :( Not really looking forward to that plus I have to work. Next week my college class starts which I am sorta of excited for once it starts. I just hope my high school doesn't make too many changes to different rules (talking about switching passing periods and other stuff). Kinda ready for full college life with a few more freedoms in schooling (not in leaving home). I did; however, have a pretty good break.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I've eaten so much food the past few days... I feel great. :) I love food and it's even better when you don't have to cook it yourself.
I start school next Tuesday, but I start work on Monday....
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yesterday I went on another epic random adventure with my best friend Dan Boe. We had lunch, visited a friend in the grocery store, taught Dan how to drive manual transmission, got a Canadian Maple donut, and mostly drove and listened to music.

And as is now the tradition, we made videos throughout:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I am at school now, getting packed up to go home again. It's rather bittersweet, saying goodbye for a time :(

but hopefully, new wonderful things await me \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I was looking at my feet and realized that they don't even look symmetrical... that could be a slight problem.
But I figured out a whole bunch of stuff for school next week so hopefully stuff will be all ready and this semester will be more awesome.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Downton Abbey season 3 starts tonight \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My family just switched internet providers. \:D/ We used to have satellite, but with 5 computer users in the house, their highest level of bandwidth was just not enough. We couldn't do anything before we would have to really cut back to not go over the limit. Now we switched to a local company where there is NO limit at all! YAY! :D That means we can watch videos, use Skype, and a whole bunch of other stuff! \:D/ And even though the level of speed we chose is supposedly the same as what we had, it seems faster.

I'm excited - can you tell? ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! \:D/ That's great news, Laura. Enjoy your speedy, unlimited internet connection! \:D/

I'm going to see Les Miserables with a friend tonight and I'm really looking forward to it! I've heard good things from a lot of people, and I've never seen/heard the musical version before, so I'm really looking forward to it. :D
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

My college class is definitely be going to be interesting. At some point I have to write a 10 page paper. It was pretty funny, our first day in class she asked us how long we should study for one of her tests. Someone said 6 hours, and someone else said 8. I raised my hand and said half an hour (how much I study for any class). Then she tells us 10 hours which I don't know how that is possible for one class.

Also I was on my basketball manager game and I ran across a AIO fan. He noticed my username (PaulWooton) and asked me about it. I have never ran across an AIO fan outside of an AIO site.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yesterday we bathed the cat. He wasn't exactly happy (go figure :P ), but he actually did very well, considering. Now, not only does his fur look nice and groomed, but he smells nice too! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Finally finished everything so i can register..except it'll take a day to finish processing, so I can't register till tomorrow. This is getting ridiculous. I want to register for my measly 2 or 3 classes already!

*sigh*

Till the end of the line.